U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-31-2011, 10:36 PM
 
4 posts, read 10,652 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

I was wondering what the options are for access to a swimming pool if you live in a house or community in LLV without one. I know the Lake club is one option. I am curious what a membership costs and whether there are other options for someone who visits infrequently. Thanks.

Also any news on the sale of RB and the Falls....
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
146 posts, read 234,397 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantova Guy View Post
There seems to be major confussion over the lighting for the tennis courts at the Lake Club. This is what I have found out....The courts are part of the Lake Club....not Mantova. The reason for the lights not working is the power was never hooked up. Currently the Lake Club is for sale and being looked at by the same group that bought Southshore GC and looking @ RB. They are not going to spend any money now to run power to the lights.
Let's hope the Club sells and new owners make the improvements needed @ the Club.
Well, I knew that the tennis courts were part of The Lake Club. What is confusing me is whether or not the Mantova HOA or the "Blue Sky" Southshore policy had anything to do with the lighting never having power strung to it, or if they simply never bothered to hook it up. One problem would seem to be more difficult to overcome then the other. I wonder why the lake club would lie to its membership if it is indeed true that there are no complications with the HOAs and it was a cash-flow/lazyness problem
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2011, 09:48 AM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
35 posts, read 63,728 times
Reputation: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_Fan View Post
Well, I knew that the tennis courts were part of The Lake Club. What is confusing me is whether or not the Mantova HOA or the "Blue Sky" Southshore policy had anything to do with the lighting never having power strung to it, or if they simply never bothered to hook it up. One problem would seem to be more difficult to overcome then the other. I wonder why the lake club would lie to its membership if it is indeed true that there are no complications with the HOAs and it was a cash-flow/lazyness problem
I have come to the conclusion that either no one that is around now really knows why or no one wants to say why. Pretty much got the feeling I was bringing up something that people did not want to talk about.
It seems very odd to me that at time of construction wire would have not been pulled to fixtures.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Bellevue WA /Lake Las Vegas
520 posts, read 880,857 times
Reputation: 140
Exclamation Ravella Sign @ Lake Las Vegas Front Entrance

Greetings Lake Las Vegas City Data Supporters:

Have you noticed that the Ravella Hotel has yet to place their sign on the main Lake Las Vegas entrance?

The reason for this is that the LLV Master Association/Jim Coyne of Atalon is requiring that Ravella/Duetsche Bank pay $20,000.00 deposit and $2,000.00 a month to have the sign on the front monument. This is absurb. This is Ravella's own sign, that price does not include the actual sign.

The Ritz's monthly dues for the sign was $600.00 per month, which I still don't get, but why charge Ravella $1,400.00 a month more or $24,000.00 to have your sign on the entrance, which promotes the community that is suffering and needs as much promotion as possible.

Many people don't even know that the Ravella is in Lake Las Vegas. Many others think that Ravella isn't serious about being there as they haven't put up their sign. This is not helpful to their business or Lake Las Vegas.

It's not rocket science that if Ravella is not successful, this will greatly negatively impact Lake Las Vegas village, the casino, our home values. If they aren't successful, I doubt we get another hotel in its place.

It continues to amaze me that much of the issues going on with Lake Las Vegas have NOTHING to do with the economy. It still has to do with the good ole boys and whos stick is bigger. This is certainly holding Lake Las Vegas back from its full potential. It seems someone out there has it in for Lake Las Vegas by putting up all of these blockages to its success?

I don't blame Ravella for not wanting to pay that huge fee just to put their OWN sign on the front monument.

Julie Barbagallo, a Lake Las Vegas advocate and the commercial manager of the village needs our help. Please email her your concerns and community support for waiving the deposit and reducing this monthly fee so Ravella can get their sign up on the monument. Her email address is julie@commercialwestbrokers.com. She will pass on our concerns to help get the sign on the monument.

This is our community everyone. We need to stand up and voice our opinions.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM
 
4 posts, read 10,652 times
Reputation: 10
LLV Resident.

I emailed Julie and expressed my dissatisfaction about the Ravella sign. Thanks for the heads up.

As of today I have a contract on a house in LLV. I think LLV is stunning--truly a stand out community in Las Vegas. I believe quality rises to the top and LLV is quality...it is making its way back.

Just keep letting us know what we need to do. Your information is profoundly appreciated.

Lovin'LLV
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 12:01 AM
 
Location: Beautiful Upstate NY!
12,252 posts, read 17,151,423 times
Reputation: 5668
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLVResident View Post
Greetings Lake Las Vegas City Data Supporters:

Have you noticed that the Ravella Hotel has yet to place their sign on the main Lake Las Vegas entrance?

The reason for this is that the LLV Master Association/Jim Coyne of Atalon is requiring that Ravella/Duetsche Bank pay $20,000.00 deposit and $2,000.00 a month to have the sign on the front monument. This is absurb. This is Ravella's own sign, that price does not include the actual sign.

The Ritz's monthly dues for the sign was $600.00 per month, which I still don't get, but why charge Ravella $1,400.00 a month more or $24,000.00 to have your sign on the entrance, which promotes the community that is suffering and needs as much promotion as possible.

Many people don't even know that the Ravella is in Lake Las Vegas. Many others think that Ravella isn't serious about being there as they haven't put up their sign. This is not helpful to their business or Lake Las Vegas.

It's not rocket science that if Ravella is not successful, this will greatly negatively impact Lake Las Vegas village, the casino, our home values. If they aren't successful, I doubt we get another hotel in its place.

It continues to amaze me that much of the issues going on with Lake Las Vegas have NOTHING to do with the economy. It still has to do with the good ole boys and whos stick is bigger. This is certainly holding Lake Las Vegas back from its full potential. It seems someone out there has it in for Lake Las Vegas by putting up all of these blockages to its success?

I don't blame Ravella for not wanting to pay that huge fee just to put their OWN sign on the front monument.

Julie Barbagallo, a Lake Las Vegas advocate and the commercial manager of the village needs our help. Please email her your concerns and community support for waiving the deposit and reducing this monthly fee so Ravella can get their sign up on the monument. Her email address is julie@commercialwestbrokers.com. She will pass on our concerns to help get the sign on the monument.

This is our community everyone. We need to stand up and voice our opinions.
Like I said...LLV tries to get it right...but never seems to get there.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 03:06 PM
 
4 posts, read 6,956 times
Reputation: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Like I said...LLV tries to get it right...but never seems to get there.
I know julie sent an outstanding email that was firm and to the point to Jim Coyne. My understanding is shes getting outstanding support from the Aston team as well as the commercial developer from that email. I have to say, its nice to see someone take action for whats right. That girl has worked this community in the right direction and with little to no support. My wife and I support her 100%... Unfortunately shes only one person and works at the capacity of 100... Amazing... The Parkway looks beautiful and is open... Wine walk tonight and were meeting Julie for her Birthday dinner at Bernards tonite at 7:30 and leaving for Florida tomorrow and returning September 12th.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 10:25 PM
 
Location: LLV
13 posts, read 21,521 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'LLV View Post
I was wondering what the options are for access to a swimming pool if you live in a house or community in LLV without one. I know the Lake club is one option. I am curious what a membership costs and whether there are other options for someone who visits infrequently. Thanks...
I also would like to know about accessing swimming pools in Lake Las Vegas. I heard somewhere that you can buy a monthly pass to Loews' fitness center which give you swimming pool access??? Can someone confirm that?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2011, 11:46 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
146 posts, read 234,397 times
Reputation: 42
I know that the Ravella is offering a monthly fitness membership which includes access to the SPA facilities and the pool
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-04-2011, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
52 posts, read 119,533 times
Reputation: 27
The entrance sign at LLV needs not only the Ravella nameplate on there, but is also sorely in need of some paint and freshening up. I am surprised to hear it is managed by the LLV master association, as I thought at one time it was on the Falls property line and assumed it was Carmel holding things up. I will write a note as well in support of the need to address this.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top