U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 84,230 times
For those of you that weren't out here for the Wine Walk last night, it was packed. Probably as crowded as I've ever seen it.

The event was a terrific concept, as all the merchants were able to essentially have an open-house for their stores. Also, the coffee shop is now open!

I'm highly skeptical of this yacht/nightclub concept though. $20 cover to board?? Are you joking?? This place will be a floating ghost ship in about a week at that rate.....

I think another poster commented on the Parkway looking great. Ummm....it looks terrible. I saw zero progress since last week, and frankly with some if it still being torn up, it actually looks worse than before construction. All they've done is install curbing. Big deal....

Let's get going guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM

8 posts, read 8,722 times
Default Loews spa package

I had a flyer about the spa and pool package at Loews but don't remember the details. It is possible to use the spa/pool/gym for a fee per month.

I also sent Julie an email in support. Is there any other place that residents of LLV can discuss in a forum? I love reading the updates here but wondering if there is anywhere else like this.

I am wondering about ride sharing for part-timers in LLV. We have a car there but still difficult to get back and forth from the airport and suspect there are others in the same boat. Those interested could pool together and provide transportation to/from airport for each other. Doubt a hotel shuttle will be coming soon!

Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 PM

504 posts, read 780,686 times
Loews has a gym/pool membership that was $80.00 per month last time I checked. I think they have a daily drop in fee of $15.00. Depending how long you stay in LLV, the drop in fee may work best.

I'm glad to see that Ravella is offering it now too. I'm sure it's at a bigger discount than the Lake Club. The Ravella has a great gym and pool too!!!

G-house, this is one of the only forms I know of.

Things sure got quiet on the Reflection Bay, and Falls front. I haven't heard a peep from anyone lately. The fact that the courses are looking good, has to mean something? I heard the Falls sand traps have been weeded along LLV Parkway. Is that true?

Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 PM

Location: Columbus, OH / Lake Las Vegas, NV / Indianapolis, IN
81 posts, read 84,230 times
[quote=LLVResident;20765843]Loews has a gym/pool membership that was $80.00 per month last time I checked. I think they have a daily drop in fee of $15.00. Depending how long you stay in LLV, the drop in fee may work best.

I'm glad to see that Ravella is offering it now too. I'm sure it's at a bigger discount than the Lake Club. The Ravella has a great gym and pool too!!!

G-house, this is one of the only forms I know of.

Things sure got quiet on the Reflection Bay, and Falls front. I haven't heard a peep from anyone lately. The fact that the courses are looking good, has to mean something? I heard the Falls sand traps have been weeded along LLV Parkway. Is that true?[/quote]

False. The sand traps are loaded with weeds. I'm sure this is making a nice impression on the triathletes who have already started arriving in preparation for the event this weekend. Couple that with the "work in progress" front sign and the Parkway that still looks like garbage.....

I'm sure we'll hear shortly that the road construction has been delayed because the contractor is currently in "reorganization".....

Yes, I am probably being cynical. But damn, the rest of the community looks awesome. Clean up the entrance!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:39 PM

52 posts, read 106,377 times
I agree it's a shame the development didn't get the road done earlier in the summer, given there are huge crowds and attention coming to Lake Las Vegas this weekend with Ironman. I believe it will look great when it gets complete, but what a missed opportunity.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM

The entrance roadway being done during the Triathlon season goes back to my post about the Ravella sign. LLV/Jim Coyne of Atalon received the funds to do this road over a year ago. I have persistently asked the City when the roadwork was to begin. If you check my old posts, it was supposed to be November 2010. Then it got moved to January 2011. Then I heard April, then no later than June, then July...

So, now they pick the heat of the summer and in the busiest time in LLV history which will receive world wide recognition, to do the entrance road? Really? I mean Really? A 5th grader could tell you how this would turn out. If there are not 4 lanes going in and out of Lake Las Vegas, we will have a total cluster this coming weekend. We really need more insightful people running Lake Las Vegas development. Thank goodness for Julie Barbagallo. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, the politics of Lake Las Vegas are hurting it more than the economy.

Gerri Schroeder is our counsel person for the City of Henderson and Lake Las Vegas. We all should be contacting her with our concerns as well. The City also had a part of the roadway too.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM

52 posts, read 106,377 times
Amen! Will contact Gerri Schroeder.
The road mess also affects Wedding Season at LLV, as I understand there are 20 wedding events taking place at LLV in the next month too.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:06 PM

1,714 posts, read 2,302,170 times
Went by the area yesterday and walked around, glad to see the coffee shop re-opened and busy

Still no activity from the old Casamar and unfortunately no activity from the golf courses aside from mowing. Weeds along LLV parkway at Falls are over 5 feet tall

Old 09-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Here is the latest Court dockets on the Carmel vs City of Henderson. over the water rights. I though this was resolved and the judge ruled how the water was to be distributed and the parties had to figure out the semantics. Why is it still going to trial?

So, I called the city for more information. If you look at these dockets. You will see that Carmel filed an ammended complaint now alleging things against new parties including South Shore and the LLV Master Association. I guess when the judge ruled, which was not all in favor of Carmel, Carmel had to find more issue and people to sue. I'm hoping that these issues can also be taken care of through Summary Judgment Motions etc. It is my understanding there is another hearing next week.

Minute Text

Minute Date 07/18/2011 9:00 AM07/18/2011 9:00 AMStatements by Attorney Timothy O'Reilly in support of the relief requested. Opposition by Attorney Howard, expressing his concern that the Plaintiff may be seeking modification of prior Orders of the Court, or reconsideration of Orders. COURT ORDERED, Carmel Land & Cattle Co., L.P.'s Motion For Leave To File First Amended Complaint is GRANTED. Per STIPULATION of Counsel, Lake Las Vegas Master Association's Motion For Leave To File Amended Counterclaim is hereby GRANTED, and Calendared Court date of 7/25/11 is hereby VACATED.

07/25/2011CANCELED Motion for Leave (9:00 AM) (Judicial Officer Scann, Susan)Vacated - per Judge Motion Granted on 7/18/11.

07/25/2011 Reset by Court to 07/25/2011

07/27/2011Order Granting Motion Order Granting Motion City of Henderson's Motion for Protective Order in Part and Denying in Part

07/28/2011Notice of Entry of Order Notice of Entry of Order Granting City of Henderson's Motion for Protective Order in Part and Denying in Part

08/12/2011Order Granting Motion Order Granting Plaintiff Carmel Land & Cattle Co., L.P.'s Motion for Leave to File First Amended Complaint

08/12/2011Notice of Entry of OrderNotice of Entry of Order Granting Carmel Land & Cattle Co., L.P.'s Motion for Leave to File First Amended Complaint

08/18/2011Order Granting Order Granting Leave to File Amended Counterclaims

08/22/2011 Order Order Granting Leave to File Amended Counterclaims

08/23/2011Notice of Entry of OrderNotice of Entry of Order

08/25/2011First Amended ComplaintFirst Amended Complaint

09/01/2011CounterclaimLake Las Vegas Master Association's Answer to Third-Party Complaint and First Amended Counterclaim against Carmel Land & Cattle Co., L.P.

3/28/12 10:30 AM CALENDAR CALL 4/2/12 10:30 AM JURY TRIAL

03/28/2012Calendar Call (10:30 AM)

(Judicial Officer Scann, Susan)03/28/2012, 03/28/2012

03/28/2012 Reset by Court to 03/28/201204/02/2012Jury Trial (10:30 AM) (Judicial Officer Scann, Susan)

04/02/2012, 04/02/2012
04/02/2012 Reset by Court to 04/02/2012

Last edited by LLVResident; 09-07-2011 at 01:23 PM..

Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM

12,244 posts, read 15,980,116 times
I think somebody must have put a curse on LLV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas