Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 09:33 PM

25 posts, read 50,864 times

Advertisements

I heard that the greens were fast, Golfinnova. When I played previous to the reopening, I remember always taking one club less and letting the ball come up a bit short of the green so it wouldn't roll off the back each time. Is this still the case? I'm no pro, so putting a lot of spin on it isn't the answer for me. Regardless, I have a noon tee time on Wednesday and an 8:30 on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 09:54 AM

529 posts, read 1,390,139 times
Good to hear about Reflection Bay.

I spoke to someone yesterday that is involved with the village and they said that the owner/village association felt they needed to make a clean slate of the village and said the village assoc has plans to bring in some well known, high-end stores to the village next year. The restaurants are doing great.

Remember, the village was designed to support the business of about 12k homes, which if the economy issues didn't happen ,w would all have been in built by now in LLV. The village is the jewel of Lake Las Vegas. There were alot of band-aids used in 2010 to 2013. But things ARE looking more solid in many aspects. The final pieces just have to be put in place and it will be great!

Old 11-25-2014, 10:38 AM

13 posts, read 28,980 times
Love the Trader Joe's idea. No question between Tuscany, LLV, the Ridges and soon Cadence that it would be a real draw, especially if they delivered in the neighborhood.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:15 PM

President Obama Golf Vacation Affirms Place of Las Vegas as Top Destination

Any publicity that Reflection Bay is re-opened and Lake Las Vegas is still around is great for us!

Old 11-25-2014, 08:38 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,340,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection Bay Fan View Post
I heard that the greens were fast, Golfinnova. When I played previous to the reopening, I remember always taking one club less and letting the ball come up a bit short of the green so it wouldn't roll off the back each time. Is this still the case? I'm no pro, so putting a lot of spin on it isn't the answer for me. Regardless, I have a noon tee time on Wednesday and an 8:30 on Friday. I'm really looking forward to it!
It's not a bad strategy, did it plenty of times during my round and wound up chipping. One thing you need to know is that there is no GPS yet so bring a laser rangefinder if you have one, otherwise you have to go old school and pace off the distance. Also, the flags are not colored like other courses to mark front, center, back.

On 17, aim for the left side of the green. If you miss right a little, it goes in the drink. Don't be surprised if you play much better on Friday compared to Wednesday, I think trying to remember the layout messed me up and I left plenty of shots on the table but you'll enjoy it.

Last edited by Golfinnova; 11-25-2014 at 09:33 PM..

Old 11-25-2014, 09:14 PM

17 posts, read 37,554 times
Interesting article about the Bass brothers and LLV.

Lake Las Vegas Ex-Owners Settle Suit for $115 Million -- Update - NASDAQ.com

Old 11-26-2014, 02:38 PM

Great news video about LLV and Reflection Bay!

Las Vegas News Video - 8 News NOW

Old 11-27-2014, 09:58 PM

25 posts, read 50,864 times
I was very impressed by the remodel of the Reflection Bay clubhouse and the dining facility upstairs. While not complete, it appears they spared no expense on upgrades. I didn't eat after my round, but the menu, while limited at this point, looked great for players after a round on this beautiful course.

Speaking of the course, it was magnificent! It's been six years since I last played (right before the shutdown). I was beyond thrilled to be back at my favorite track! I was told Jack Nicklaus made some minor changes to the course including eliminating some of the bunkers and enlarging some greens. I didn't notice any of that. It plays exactly as I remembered: fast greens (REALLY fast) and plenty of sand trouble. I paid $75 at the local rate at noon, which includes, of course, golf cart and unlimited range balls. I think this is a fair price for the kind of quality course you get to play. I'm not sure how much I will pay for my morning round tomorrow, but I expect it to be a little higher.

I spoke with the chef at RB who told me plans of a fitness center in the old pro shop. He also said there are plans in the works to reopen the restaurant at The Falls with the possibility of a Butch Harmon golf instruction school on the Falls property somewhere (I'm guessing the old driving range). Interestingly, Butch played with Obama out here just the other day.

As my name says, I am a big fan of RB, and I'm very pleased to have my course back!

Old 11-29-2014, 11:45 PM

5 posts, read 8,807 times
Sales office at Lago Vista open but models and prices not available until 2015. Homes to be similar to contemporary style at Sterling Ridge in Sommerlin.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:40 PM

RBF.. Thanks for the update! Glad your happy with the course. Now we just need our first national golf championship game to be played there!!

The Falls Clubhouse is amazing. A Golf school would be great as well as a restaurant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas