U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2011, 06:27 PM
 
Location: NV
39 posts, read 125,187 times
Reputation: 34

Advertisements

When you live in Henderson and get a dog, do you just have to get a pet licensed and that is it, or is there other fees you have to pay besides getting them licensed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 31,817,523 times
Reputation: 5406
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanski View Post
When you live in Henderson and get a dog, do you just have to get a pet licensed and that is it, or is there other fees you have to pay besides getting them licensed?
That's it. Except that they must be spayed or neutered. Note that the license is $20.00 if they aren't, and $6.00 if they are. I'd bet that more than half the pets in Las Vegas or Henderson are not licensed though. Animal Control - Pet Licenses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2011, 07:40 PM
Status: "!!!!!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,926 posts, read 22,127,788 times
Reputation: 7501
I think just the pets that roam free like some people let their cats do, or dogs should be licensed. People that have house pets only that don't go out at all like cats should not have to be licensed. The vaccinations do more harm than good in the long run, and many of my cats through the years that had vaccinations all died from cancer. So I do not have any faith in that at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
 
Location: NV
39 posts, read 125,187 times
Reputation: 34
Thank you so much for the replies. I appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2011, 10:52 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
12,686 posts, read 31,817,523 times
Reputation: 5406
I rarely see any dogs running loose unless they somehow got lost. I sometimes see a feral cat, but that's rare too. I know olecapt attracts them. We did have a neighbor that let their cat run loose for a while. It either kept going or they realized it's not cool to do in Las Vegas. Probably a violation of the HOA rules too.

My buddy just sent me a pic of two puppies that look like Bitchin' Frizzies (Bichon Frise) that a neighbor left behind when he abandoned his house. He's looking for a good home for them. He doesn't want to split them up. They are brother and sister.

IMG_20110829_161936.jpg (594.2 KB)



bichon frise - Google Search
Attached Thumbnails
Fees for owning animals-img_20110829_161936.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2011, 11:03 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
180 posts, read 238,322 times
Reputation: 157
I swear every time my dog had a bordatella dosage (required for boarding) he would get grayer in the face and lose a little more bounce in his step. I stopped boarding my dogs because of it. I just hire a house sitter or try to take my dogs with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2011, 11:17 PM
 
Location: Kingman AZ
15,371 posts, read 34,584,913 times
Reputation: 9009
If ya get em a license then they'll want a car too.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Status: "!!!!!" (set 2 days ago)
 
Location: Somewhere.
9,926 posts, read 22,127,788 times
Reputation: 7501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I rarely see any dogs running loose unless they somehow got lost. I sometimes see a feral cat, but that's rare too. I know olecapt attracts them. We did have a neighbor that let their cat run loose for a while. It either kept going or they realized it's not cool to do in Las Vegas. Probably a violation of the HOA rules too.

My buddy just sent me a pic of two puppies that look like Bitchin' Frizzies (Bichon Frise) that a neighbor left behind when he abandoned his house. He's looking for a good home for them. He doesn't want to split them up. They are brother and sister.

IMG_20110829_161936.jpg (594.2 KB)



bichon frise - Google Search
It takes a cold cold heart to abandon sweet little dogs like that! They really need to bring back flogging in the town square for all the stupid idiots that think it's fine to abandon their pets when they can't care for them anymore!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 03:39 AM
 
Location: In the Silver State of Nevada in Las Vegas NV
1,062 posts, read 1,507,790 times
Reputation: 907
I agree about the bordatella dosage. Had my dog done once by the vet who was boarding him and he still got kennel cough shots and all. Explanation the shots still do not work some times??? Cost me $60.00 more in medicine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-30-2011, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Henderson, NV
353 posts, read 938,067 times
Reputation: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
That's it. Except that they must be spayed or neutered. Note that the license is $20.00 if they aren't, and $6.00 if they are. I'd bet that more than half the pets in Las Vegas or Henderson are not licensed though. Animal Control - Pet Licenses

Just to add... You are susposed to get a license every year. We got it the first year for our dog and then the 2nd year for our dog becuase we adopted a cat from the shelter when the dog's was due. But now we haven't renewed again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:47 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top