Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 12:01 AM

2 posts, read 2,092 times

Advertisements

Hey ya'all,

I'm new to Vegas and trying to find a rental in a good neighborhood. I'll be working near W Sahara and S Jones and would like to keep the commute to a minimum if possible.

I've found a couple places, but I'm not sure if it's just the show put on in the viewings, or if these are actually solid places.

So far I've found some opening at:

Broadstone Desert Lakes (1st floor unit)
Park One (2nd floor unit - rental by an owner through by Rothwell-Gornt)
Indian Ridge Apartments (1st floor unit)

and then also hear about some 2BR 2BA in my price range:

Catalina Shores at West Flamingo (2nd floor unit)
Fairways Condo (2nd floor unit)

I've also ruled out Monaco Park, as there were a bunch of dead roaches tucked away behind one of the doors during the viewing; clearly didn't do a thorough enough cleaning. This showing was for a 1st floor unit, which got me wondering if it is better to be on the first or second floor in Vegas -- thoughts? Also are there additional pest control measures that a renter should generally take as a Vegas resident?

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 01:21 AM

508 posts, read 1,022,197 times
normally a person gets the house (or i guess apartment) sprayed every other month for bugs. but if your renting make sure its in your rental agreemnt for the owner to do that. that is normally the responsibility of the owner.

If the properties are sprayed properly (and your a clean person) then you should not have a huge issue with bugs but they are everywhere.

im not really sure about which apartments are best i do like being in the flamingo area.

my biggest advise is seriously read your contract carefully... how much notice you have to give, who to contact if something breaks (and how to contact them), bug spraying, rules on pets... those are the few things that i can think of off the top of my head that people have gripes about after signing a contract.

just dont rush the signing. make sure they do a check in and check out inventory with you. :-)

welcome to vegas...

Old 09-01-2011, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 2,092 times
Grofica,

Thanks for the response! I will definitely take the time to read through the contract with a fine toothed comb. I are curious to see what service-level agreements are actually itemized in the lease and what services are just promised pre-signing and then never followed through on.

Having lived in a property in DC that had routine pest prevention services, and having friends who lived in one that didn't, it's clear to me that when this service is done properly the quality of life is distinctly different.

I will plan on bringing a camera to document my check in inventory, and it's a really good idea to also have someone on staff to witness it as well.

Thanks again for the advice!

Best,

oge_345
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas