U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 AM

719 posts, read 817,639 times

Advertisements

I had a professional ghost buster team spend the evening at my house about a year ago. They don't charge for their services. It is all research for them. They have been doing it for years and have appeared on that ghost hunter show.
This is their website:
Tennessee Wraith Chasers
You call and explain what is happening and if they agree to come out they set up from about 6 pm to 3 am for free.
They had all the expensive equipment etc.
They actually captured a man chuckling in the hallway.
A woman whispering and we witnessed a flashlight get turned off and back on several times when none of us was touching it.
In addition, in the living room footage the same kind of "orb" that you have here showed up on film. It loomed into view, danced around for about 10 seconds then shot off to the right.
When this team comes in and sets up equipment they work hard to discount everything that happens so they will be left with accurate data.
For example, we were in my son's room and very quiet after asking the "presence" to light up an electronic meter's lights. Just then a dog barked in the far distance of the neighborhood and the guy said into the microphone. 10: 32 pm, that was a barking dog outside."
They then take all the recordings, films etc home and study them and in about two weeks you get a report.
Anyway, we caught a chuckling man, a whispering woman but the orb that showed up on the camera, they determined was actually a dust particle that happened to be caught just right in the moonlight coming through the window.
They initially thought it was "energy" which they believe can also linger.. it is not always a ghost, according to them. But in the end they determined that my particular white orb was not actually an orb but a speck of dust.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 12:17 PM

2,940 posts, read 1,894,730 times
You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding.

Sarah, you were duped by scam artists.

NEWSFLASH to all "magical thinkers":

THERE ARE NO GHOSTS!

Last edited by logline; 09-28-2011 at 12:25 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 3,431,755 times
Well, I find this all very interesting, and I am very open to it being something 'other'

My opinion there are TRILLIONS of other planets out there, life must exist on other planets as well, so why not supernatural phenomena?

I just wish a phenomena would visit, while I am there, with a film crew!

Jonathan

Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 PM

2,076 posts, read 2,126,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post

THERE ARE NO GHOSTS!
I saw a ghost when I was 8. No two ways about it. Are you calling me a liar or because you haven't experienced something it must be impossible? I'm also acutely aware that there's tons of people running around faking stuff.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:

THERE ARE NO GHOSTS!

Sorry, I also saw a ghost.

when I was in my bedroom when I was 8 or 9, I watched a mouse come of a hole near a fridge in my house, and about a moment later, something gray flew passed, both I and the mouse reacted at the exact same moment

Call it what you want...

Jonathan

Old 09-28-2011, 01:05 PM

Isn't it interesting that you BOTH saw ghosts when you were 8 or 9. Hell, even *I* thought I saw ghosts when I was that age! I was convinced that my house in Tucson was haunted. I even read books on it because I was so scared.

Then I grew up.

After educating myself and using a critical brain, I came to the obvious conclusion that there are no ghosts. Period. (Same for gods, angels, demons, fairies, unicorns, and hot flight attendants)

Children are impressionable. As kids, we make things up, have active imaginations, lie to ourselves and remember things badly. There are probably thousands of logical explanations for the experiences you guys say are ghosts, but it's just "easier" to write it off as supernatural. Frankly, when I see an ADULT talk this way, I write it off as lazy thinking. Sorry.

Last edited by logline; 09-28-2011 at 01:25 PM..

Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Isn't it interesting that you BOTH saw ghosts when you were 8 or 9. Hell, even *I* thought I saw ghosts when I was that age! I was convinced that my house in Tucson was haunted. I even read books on it because I was so scared.

Then I grew up.

After educating myself and using a critical brain, I came to the obvious conclusion that there are no ghosts. Period. (Same for gods, angels, demons, fairies, unicorns, and hot flight attendants)

Children are impressionable. As kids, we make things up, have active imaginations, lie to ourselves and remember things badly. There are probably thousands of logical explanations for the experiences you guys say are ghosts, but it's just "easier" to write it off as supernatural. Frankly, when I see and ADULT talk this way, I write it off as lazy thinking. Sorry.

Everyone has opinions.
we can agree to disagree on this one.
I have had TOO MANY things happen in my life to say

"There are probably thousands of logical explanations for the experiences"

I am sure there is a LOGICAL explanation for what is happening in my house in Vegas right now, but ONE of those logical explanations, is it may be some kind of phenomena.

Jonathan

Old 09-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Then we agree. The word "phenomenon" does not mean it has anything to do with the supernatural.

"Definition of PHENOMENON

1 plural phenomena : an observable fact or event
2 plural phenomena
a : an object or aspect known through the senses rather than by thought or intuition
b : a temporal or spatiotemporal object of sensory experience as distinguished from a noumenon
c : a fact or event of scientific interest susceptible to scientific description and explanation
a : a rare or significant fact or event
b plural phenomenons : an exceptional, unusual, or abnormal person, thing, or occurrence" Phenomenon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM

yes, I agree with that, something PHYSICAL - not a thought or a feeling, or a impression.
something that can be documented.

Jonathan

Old 09-28-2011, 01:43 PM

12,252 posts, read 16,927,585 times
so much for the excited guy theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas