Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you work on the Strip?
Yes. 4 11.11%
No. 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 08:28 AM

232 posts, read 496,109 times

Advertisements

I've heard this misconception so many times. I dont think its that true. Who actually works on the strip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
I stripped on the strip, I wore a stripe, so I wasn't actually stripped, but I stomped on the strip wearing my stripe!

Jonathan

Old 10-01-2011, 08:50 AM

293 posts, read 641,438 times
So thats what that was a stripe...

Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
FRISBEES BACK with the "?" of the week.

YES FRISBEE we ALL work on the strip, that's the ONLY street in Las Vegas, there are no others....we work there, we eat there, we sleep there....I personally live in a Suite at Caesars Palace.

Ya know....when I drove cab 40 years ago, this ranked THEN as the dumbest question I was ever asked.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:37 AM

579 posts, read 1,209,760 times
I was a banker at a call center for a bank in LV back in the late 90s and we usually had calls incoming from the west coast (people that were pretty familiar with LV or had been before), but when the hurricane and tornado season would set in and inevitably knock down Witchita or Miamis center, we'd be fielding their calls left and right. I always ended up with some knucklehead that would ask where we're located and when I'd say LV then they'd start in with their dumbazz questions......Do you live in a hotel? People actually live THERE? I thought everyone was a stripper? Wow, what other kind of jobs do they have there?..........I could maybe see this being asked in some small Canadian town on the ice shelf where the Ice Road Truckers films............for crying out loud, this is a city where the greater valley has roughly 2 MILLION people. That's two million people that need attending to. 2 million people that need doctors, lawyers, fireman, police, someone building roads and homes and selling food and clothing and teaching the bloated school district of over 300k students. It's commonly known we have one of the BIGGEST school districts in the nation. We have a class 1 ISO fire department (best in the nation) that had a station that was at one time in the 2000s THE single busiest fire station in the nation. Every sort of job that comes along with supporting a city of 2 million happens in LV too, and I just don't see why this is so hard to understand. Not everyone in Anaheim works in Disneyland, not everyone in Hollywood works in the film industry, not everyone in LV works on the "strip". Hell, half the population never sets foot on it.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:39 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
You Las Vegans are a funny bunch...you want the The World to come and visit The Strip...pride yourselves on the fact that it's the #1 destination...yet want to disavow yourselves of anything to with "The Strip". Hopefully you are aware...that for the 98% of the American population that has never resided there...Las Vegas IS The Strip.

So, get over it.

Last edited by jfkIII; 10-01-2011 at 11:01 AM..

Old 10-01-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You Las Vegans are a funny bunch...you want the The World to come and visit The Strip...pride yourselves on the fact that it's the #1 destination...yet want to disavow yourselves of anything to with "The Strip". Hopefully you are aware...that for the 98% of the American population that does not reside there...Las Vegas IS The Strip.

So, get over it.
We have, what we CAN't get over are Frisbees stupid questions....

Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
You Las Vegans are a funny bunch...you want the The World to come and visit The Strip...pride yourselves on the fact that it's the #1 destination...yet want to disavow yourselves of anything to with "The Strip". Hopefully you are aware...that for the 98% of the American population that does not reside there...Las Vegas IS The Strip.

So, get over it.
Kinda like when we say "OH yer from Gnu Yawk. yew MUST live on Pawk Avenue."

Old 10-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Frisbee's just puttin' her own "spin" on things.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Kinda like when we say "OH yer from Gnu Yawk. yew MUST live on Pawk Avenue."
Not really. Las Vegas has the "The Strip"...and only "The Strip" as it's tourist destination. New York City is renowned for it's many, many destination options. You ask 20 tourists what New York City means to them, you'll likely get 20 different answers. Ask 20 tourists what Las Vegas means to them...all 20 will tell you 'The Strip'.

You residents really must accept this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas