Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 9,035 times

Advertisements

Hello.

My husband has a job interview this week, so we will be in town and are hoping to find a realtor who knows the city well and can show us around.

We are interested in seeing the Summerlin and Henderson neighborhoods, but because neither of us have been beyond the strip, we would like to be able to see much of the city beyond the strip.

Please respond with your email and phone number if you are interested in helping us out.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 01:21 AM

347 posts, read 540,132 times
I'm not a realtor so I can't show you around but if you want an eager agent to show you around, go visit the home for rent section on Craigslist and view the posts for summerlin and henderson. Don't pick the guys that advertise they have tons of homes and expertise in the area (these are usually newbies without a good flow of customers) but actual agents who list homes with address to view. Then pick one agent in Summerlin and then pick another in henderson and view homes and as you talk to them, figure out if they seem to know what they are talking about or if they are just blowing smoke. Good luck on your search.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:03 AM

85 posts, read 188,465 times
I would help you out but I'm already booked for that date.. PM me with what you have in mind and I may have an agent or two.

In Las Vegas since 1992 when I showed up to go to UNLV. Licensed since 2001. I lived in Henderson for four years... Summerlin for ten. My office is located in the middle of both since I pretty much know both areas like the back of my hand. (We also have offices in Henderson & Summerlin which occasionally I can also be found.)

Regardless... let me know what you are looking for and I'll probably have an agent that can help you out. Worst case scenario... I can tell you where to look for what you want.

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:22 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times
No offense to the poster above, but those areas are both very large and are at opposite ends of the valley- it's pretty much impossible for one real estate agent to have an excellent handle on both of those areas to be able to find you the best deals. If it was me, I'd spend time in each area with realtors that specialize in one or the other, make a decision on which area I liked, and then focus on a search with that realtor.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,920,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No offense to the poster above, but those areas are both very large and are at opposite ends of the valley- it's pretty much impossible for one real estate agent to have an excellent handle on both of those areas to be able to find you the best deals. If it was me, I'd spend time in each area with realtors that specialize in one or the other, make a decision on which area I liked, and then focus on a search with that realtor.
You're kidding, right? The Realtors around town know everything about everything. And they'll tell you so.

If it were me, I'd ditch the Realtor entirely and work directly with the listing agents. But everyone already knows that, and I'm likely beating a dead horse.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:18 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,050,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Disagree. Summerlin and Green Valley/Seven Hills/Anthem are very often shown to the same clientele. I know both of those very well.

I don't however do much in far Henderson 89002 or Mountain's Edge while I know the NW equivalent like the back of my hand.

So it is a matter of both the economic range and the geography.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,050,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You're kidding, right? The Realtors around town know everything about everything. And they'll tell you so.

If it were me, I'd ditch the Realtor entirely and work directly with the listing agents. But everyone already knows that, and I'm likely beating a dead horse.
Why don't you lay off it?

I could I guess pop up and point out how dumb you have to be to buy a half acre in Sunrise but I try not to make you feel worse...

Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

11,137 posts, read 15,902,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I'm sorry, but that is completely idiotic. You don't save a penny by doing that and what's more important, the listing agent has a fiduciary responsibility to protect the interests of his or her client. Which....surprise...ain't you.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:56 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,264,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm sorry, but that is completely idiotic. You don't save a penny by doing that and what's more important, the listing agent has a fiduciary responsibility to protect the interests of his or her client. Which....surprise...ain't you.
As does the selling agent, since the seller is paying the commission, not you. Surprise back.......

Old 10-11-2011, 02:57 PM

180 posts, read 389,836 times
Are there any agents around that actually will return calls and emails in a timely manner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: