Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:44 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Opening day of deer season is still a day the schools might as well close in lots of states, especially where I'm from originally. I don't like deer though.
Then you've never had it prepared properly. Deer meat has to be mixed with the fat of some other animal, because deer has next to none on it's own. I'll eat venison sausages every day, if they're made right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
Do tell!

I get sick of the everyday "American" food. Even the Italian, Mexican food is Americanized. Some authentic foreign places are what I have been lacking!
I agree with the OP on Ethiopian food. I think it's better than Indian, and seems healthy. I hope this doesn't come out as insensitive, but I don't know if Ethiopians and Eritreans are so skinny because they are starving, or because they eat well. They are a handsome people though.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Then you've never had it prepared properly. Deer meat has to be mixed with the fat of some other animal, because deer has next to none on it's own. I'll eat venison sausages every day, if they're made right.
I've had deer many times cooked by experts, like my ex MIL, and hers was the best. I still don't like it though. Especially western mule deer raised on sagebrush. If I was to shoot a deer now I'd probably have the whole thing made into sausage. But I don't like meat that has to be doctored up to hide the taste. If I cook a steak on the grill, half the time it has nothing on it but a little pepper.

The best meat is from buffaloes; healthy and tasty.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
I've had deer many times cooked by experts, like my ex MIL, and hers was the best. I still don't like it though. Especially western mule deer raised on sagebrush. If I was to shoot a deer now I'd probably have the whole thing made into sausage. But I don't like meat that has to be doctored up to hide the taste. If I cook a steak on the grill, half the time it has nothing on it but a little pepper.

The best meat is from buffaloes; healthy and tasty.

Ahhh... I've only had whitetail, so that may explain it.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Ahhh... I've only had whitetail, so that may explain it.
Nope, still doesn't. Most of the deer I've eaten has been whitetail, except for a few I brought home from Elko County.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:26 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,412,732 times
Let's try to get back on topic, please. The unrelated food issues can be discussed on the Food and Drink forum.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
'Cuz dat's where da BRAINS 'n EYES be.

I had a friend who once told me that. He was locally famous for appearing on a documentary about Key West, holding a horse conch up and saying, "Dis here's da Horse Conch. He feed on other conch. An he also feed on fingers and toes!"

Ah, our rich Bahamian heritage. I'd gladly pay $100 for a bowl of Goldie's Conch Salad right now. And not that imposter from Miami. The Goldie's in Nassau. It's closer than Miami, anyway. Hell, I'd gladly pay $200 for a bowl right now.
I wouldn't want to pay $100, but I do remember it was really good, and probably caught minutes before I et it. Only you won't find it around here. The OP might want to know that we really don't have any good seafood here in the desert. BTW: What ever happened to the OP? Did she ever return here?

Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't want to pay $100, but I do remember it was really good, and probably caught minutes before I et it. Only you won't find it around here. The OP might want to know that we really don't have any good seafood here in the desert. BTW: What ever happened to the OP? Did she ever return here?
Bite your tongue!

Rick Moonan's RM Seafood, Bally's Sterling Brunch and Nobu have all served me seafood as good as any I've had anywhere, including the Caribbean. And Bouchon's Moules Frites is as good as you'll find in Belgium.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM

542 posts, read 986,463 times
Quote:

Opening day of deer season is still a day the schools might as well close in lots of states, especially where I'm from originally. I don't like deer though.
I grew up in the Mtns. of Colorado. School was never officially closed, but the first week of the different hunting seasons were lonely weeks

Quote:
Deer is alright when prepared properly. Antelope is FANTASTIC!! And elk...I would kick a puppy for an elk steak right now

Old 10-20-2011, 09:51 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
I grew up in the Mtns. of Colorado. School was never officially closed, but the first week of the different hunting seasons were lonely weeks
Out on the flatlands of Colorado [where the snow falls horizontally] the ONLY time school was closed for snow was when the snow drifted EVEN with the doorknob on the front door of the school. [The front door was on the 2nd floor] HOWEVER the first day of antelope season and pheasant season was pretty sparse attendamce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas