Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 AM

194 posts, read 398,094 times

Advertisements

It's a Vegas issue and exacerbated by the close proximity of housing.
To defend a dog barking for 45 min., is nuts imo.

I shouldn't have to "come over and be friends with you" cause your dogs are barking incessantly.
You want it to be sugar coated with niceties first, then the real reason brought up. Please!

I'm all for being friendly... with people who have common sense and a little respect first.

Shouldn't have to "Deal with it", but I get to with my neighbor as well when I return from overseas.

Man, I love Vegas and i'm so happy with my purchase and excited about moving a family in soon... but the 2 monster dogs next door just suck.
I'll be the one calling the police if you can't shut your dogs up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 07:21 AM

412 posts, read 915,623 times
Yes this is an issue. It would be frustrating to pay a huge price premium to get a detached house instead of condo sharing walls (in effort avoid being bothered by neighbors noises) and end up next to neighbors who leave their dogs outside barking just across a fence.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:20 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Is this rant because of that other dog barking complain thread?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Yep, it got closed, but mod was nice enough to leave my vent.

I dream of the day a pit bulls bark isn't my wake up call.
And I can go to bed without the fear of a bark conversation across the hood.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
I dont care if there are multiple barking dog threads. this is one of my major neighbor pet peeves also. dogs barking incessantly , especially at night, are a major noise nuisance and owners who allow it (if they are made aware of it) are totally irresponsible. My major beef is nightime noise as it seems to travel much farther when not competing with other ambient noises such as gardener blowers, etc.. trying to fall asleep , even using ear plugs, is next to impossible in some cases. I do understand that dogs , left outside, when they first move to an unfamiliar area, are sometimes uncomfortable for a while before they get used to their new surroundings, but that nuisance shouldnt really last that long. Its the blatant disregard for others that irks me the most after first making the problem known to the offender.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM

Over time, are you able to tune it out to some extent. Right now my anger gets the best of me and i lose focus.

When I come home or walk out back, will they eventually stop and get used to us?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:45 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
The real problem is that owners who are willing to allow their animals to act in this manner are all too happy to allow it to continue when they find out it irritates others in the area. It becomes their version of payback when you complain.

There are jerks everywhere and it seems dog owners have a higher ratio of "jerkism" than others.

Our neighborhood is a prime example of this behavior, and our worst is a lawyer, of all things. A "double jerk" if you will.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:47 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblud View Post
Over time, are you able to tune it out to some extent. Right now my anger gets the best of me and i lose focus.

When I come home or walk out back, will they eventually stop and get used to us?
No. Or they might if you make friends with them.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:54 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvc8 View Post
I dont care if there are multiple barking dog threads. this is one of my major neighbor pet peeves also. dogs barking incessantly , especially at night, are a major noise nuisance and owners who allow it (if they are made aware of it) are totally irresponsible. My major beef is nightime noise as it seems to travel much farther when not competing with other ambient noises such as gardener blowers, etc.. trying to fall asleep , even using ear plugs, is next to impossible in some cases. I do understand that dogs , left outside, when they first move to an unfamiliar area, are sometimes uncomfortable for a while before they get used to their new surroundings, but that nuisance shouldnt really last that long. Its the blatant disregard for others that irks me the most after first making the problem known to the offender.
There are a whole lot of people around here who buy a dog, and then leave that dog outside, 24/7. They feed the dog. But that's it. No interaction at all. These people come from a culture where "dogs stay outside."

So, of COURSE that dog is going to bark it's fool head off, 24 hours a day. It's being neglected. We have domesticated that animal to the point that they crave our attention. Dogs are supposed to be with their owners the bulk of the day. That's the dog's point of view, at least.

And the people who buy these dogs so they can abandon them in the back yard ALWAYS buy pit bulls, rottweilers, or dobermans. It's almost a status thing.

And if you call animal control to complain that there's a dog suffering outside in 110f heat, they don't want to hear it. My mother in law had the worst problem with this a few years back. Big rottie, just howling in frustration 24 hours a day. Animal control wouldn't do anything. Finally she had the HOA fine the crap out of the neighbor. $100 per day. He was deep underwater and ended up foreclosing, anyway.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:55 AM

930 posts, read 1,817,348 times
Bark Control Devices | Indoor, Outdoor Bark Control Dog Collars | PetSafe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas