U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-01-2011, 09:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,047 times
Default Should I relocate to SE Nevada?

So I hear Las Vegas suburban is very non-urban - Not like most major city suburbs in the USA - is it realy pretty much void of businesses, restaurants and entertainment in comparison to other US suburbs?

Also am I safe in assuming Las Vegas suburbs is growing more and more liberal by percentage? - I like living with moderates and liberals?

Lastly - Is growth outward for the vegas area promising - or do the mountains restrict it's growth?

I am planing on moving there with my elderly mother and disabled brother -Simmerlin, Henderson, Spring Valley - maybe reconsider?

PS: yes I know the economy in Nevada is shot - but I have a new online business showing good signs, and I plan on opening a storefront in a tourist trafic area - Baazar, Home Decor, Fashion w/ ootdoor mid-eastern grill at afordable prices

Thanks good people!

Last edited by Mazen1; 11-01-2011 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Forgot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-01-2011, 10:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 3,867,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen1 View Post
So I hear Las Vegas suburban is very non-urban - Not like most major city suburbs in the USA - is it realy pretty much void of businesses, restaurants and entertainment in comparison to other US suburbs?

Also am I safe in assuming Las Vegas suburbs is growing more and more liberal by percentage? - I like living with moderates and liberals?

Lastly - Is growth outward for the vegas area promising - or do the mountains restrict it's growth?

I am planing on moving there with my elderly mother and disabled brother -Simmerlin, Henderson, Spring Valley - maybe reconsider?

Thanks good people!

Most of Las Vegas is very much suburban -- chain stores abound. And Las Vegas pretty-much typifies "sprawl."

And you are not safe to assume Las Vegas is becoming more "liberal." It is very libertarian, but that's not the same thing. I would venture that most of the libertarians here are right leaning, not left leaning. The fact that we keep electing Harry Reid has more to do with the his opponents than Reid. Most of Nevada desperately wants to "dump Reid." You see it on bumper stickers and on signs in front of houses all the time. Even in non-election years. For the most part, Nevadans can't stand Reid. He just hasn't had a credible opponent in a few election cycles.

As far as outward growth, we're almost at the limit as it stands. There's room to grow in the North, Northwest and a little bit South. But we're right up against the mountains, East and West.

You haven't given us nearly enough information to tell whether it's a good idea or not to relocate here with your family. Is money an issue? What do you do? Where are you coming from? What do you like to do?

Not enough info. Not at all.

Unread 11-02-2011, 12:50 AM

15,387 posts, read 20,548,440 times
and since SE nevada is mostly sage and mesquite that may not be a good choice...you need to do more research yourself before asking questions

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:08 AM

5,447 posts, read 4,278,943 times
ScoopLV answered most of your questions. For Additional info you can check out these.

Should a 20-something relocate here for business?
My thoughts on Las Vegas after 1 year of living here...
What Are My Prospects If I Move to Vegas?
Las Vegas is a great place to live
Moving to LV need advise on area and job market?
Considering a LV move
Another Vegas transplant
Relocating and Jobs
Thinking about moving to Las Vegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas