Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:09 PM

697 posts, read 3,279,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Well, I'd really like to congratulate you on your life choices, but I cannot, and will not. And, in spite of all the foreign interference, people still prefer Baghdad to cesspool LV by more than a three to one margin.
Ok well I can understand the flawed logic of a naive and ungrateful ass So I'll play along.

Why don't you move there? I have a recruiter you can call to get a job. Civilian job if you want, so you don't have to worry about carrying a gun, and my squadron is shipping off in January for our third tour so I can even arrange airfare. I'll even keep you company on the flight. You will have to fly out of Selfridge field in Michigan though, but hey, thats not a bad thing, I can show you Detroit and Flint too. Wonderful cities. Oh so much better than your cesspool. And then we are off to the great city of Baghdad, actually Tikrit, but I'm sure you can find a nice cab driver to drive you up to Baghdad. Maybe you will get lucky and he will be one of us "suckers" that one of you friends on here talked about. I haven't seen any "suckers" but you may. Hope to see you soon, I'll look you up when I get there, this will be a blast for the next 18 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 01:56 PM

89 posts, read 297,531 times
Default Blast? Did he say blast?

Some poor naive fellow said "this will be a blast for the next 18 months." before supposedly heading to Iraq. I hope you are right about the blast part, ha ha.

You'll deserve our thanks only if you frag your chain of command.

After the war ends in disgrace, the losers will return to no jobs but experience in killing civilians. Oh yeah, this will work out fine.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:58 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asik View Post
Some poor naive fellow said "this will be a blast for the next 18 months." before supposedly heading to Iraq. I hope you are right about the blast part, ha ha.

After the war ends in disgrace, the losers will return to no jobs but experience in killing civilians. Oh yeah, this will work out fine.
he he he....hopefully you'll be at the head of the civilian line....

Old 08-29-2007, 02:05 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:

Obviously, you have no clue - NONE, of what you are speaking about.

I would think you would want to thank our brave men and woman serving in our armed forces. There are the finest people I have ever had the privelige of knowing -

God Bless them

And, God Bless America

Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Well, I'd really like to congratulate you on your life choices, but I cannot, and will not. And, in spite of all the foreign interference, people still prefer Baghdad to cesspool LV by more than a three to one margin.
Sheriff, I am tenatively scheduled to make a trip to Kuwait and Iraq in late November (after Thanksgiving) with a group of voluteers to bring holiday "cheer" to the troops. If you would like, I can try to "get you a spot" to go too - it might actually open your eyes a little bit - as it has mine (I have made 2 previous trips).

You up for it?

Old 08-29-2007, 02:15 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:

are sheriff and asik the same person? maybe they are just cut from the same cloth...neither can/will answer questions or defend their opinions.

i ask again, asik: do you just make incindiary posts or are you actually involved in trying to change things? i hear/read a lot of yelling, but am doubtful as to whether you have ever done anything about it (e.g., your bitching and moaning is hypocritical).

Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM

1,158 posts, read 3,415,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Sheriff, I am tenatively scheduled to make a trip to Kuwait and Iraq in late November (after Thanksgiving) with a group of voluteers to bring holiday "cheer" to the troops. If you would like, I can try to "get you a spot" to go too - it might actually open your eyes a little bit - as it has mine (I have made 2 previous trips).

You up for it?
i doubt you will get a response...at least not w/r to your question.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:

Will be a blast? Sarcasm? Yes it was.

Fortunatly for me, I will not be able to stay in country. My last tour, I suffered a shrapnel wound and now I cannot qualify to military standards with a firearm because of where the butt of the rifle goes. I am flying over in a support capacity only. I will be in the Nevada ANG at that time. These men and women have many more skills than killing people. We all will recieve free education to do anything we want to do. There are more than just groundpounders over there. Me for example, am a Loadmaster for a C130, so I can easily get a high paying job with DHL or Fed-ex. I do not want to do that so the government is paying for me to get my Criminal Justice degree. There are computer programmers, construction workers, and countless other skilled trades among our fighting and non-fighting soldiers. The shooting part is only our basic function, not our job. Every soldier over there has more skill in a field than most college graduates, and probably you. I learned more over there loading and unloading airplanes than I did in four years of college. These men and women are better off than coming back than you think. This isn't the Vietnam era, our governemnt is taking care of us.

Educate yourself. There is more to it than you think. Ignorance is a sad trait.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:00 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,332,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post

You up for it?
The only possible cheer I could bring would be as a keyboard player for Wayne Newton. If you can arrange that, I will go in a heartbeat. Otherwise, you'd be doing everyone a much better service to bring some big-breasted bimbos, from the cesspool of LV.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:01 PM

Greatday, I would love to go with you. Who do I talk to and set it up? I was there Christmas of 04 and loved what was done to make it a little better, you guys were a godsend. I would love to help out with that.

Last edited by cjski21; 08-29-2007 at 03:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: