Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times

Advertisements

There are some really interesting paint jobs in a couple of neighborhoods near Desert Inn and Eastern. One of them is such a bright purple that it looks like Hubba Bubba grape bubblegum and across the street, there's one that's covered in mosaic. They are both really ugly.

I'm fine with individuality, but some places are just eyesores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 10:28 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
The earth tone coloring speaks well of the conservative inhabitants of this city! And that's a hard pill for many people in this city to swallow, how truly conservative this city is!

Old 11-12-2013, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The earth tone coloring speaks well of the conservative inhabitants of this city! And that's a hard pill for many people in this city to swallow, how truly conservative this city is!
That is very true. The "Sin City" reputation is a bit of a misnomer, isn't it? At least outside the tourist areas. Though we, as a population, ARE hard to shock.

As far as house colors go, I would like to see more greens, especially as accent colors. We live in such a hot climate that the cooler colors are pleasing to the eye.

Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,654 times
Always wondered how many people tried to get into the wrong house as so many look alike.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 PM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
I'm sure it's happened in this city, on occasion. Houses in a particular community all looking alike, and one night, someone pulls up in the driveway to a look-alike house, and that particular owner forgot to lock his front door, he enters the house and the owner calls the police, or shoots him dead!

Old 11-12-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I'm sure it's happened in this city, on occasion. Houses in a particular community all looking alike, and one night, someone pulls up in the driveway to a look-alike house, and that particular owner forgot to lock his front door, he enters the house and the owner calls the police, or shoots him dead!
My Dad's neighborhood is like that. All of the houses look exactly the same and the HOA gets pretty nasty about even individualizing landscaping. I have pulled in front of the wrong house several times while visiting!

I don't want to live next to a neon colored house, but damn, his neighborhood reminds me of the Stepford Wives.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:31 AM

555 posts, read 1,258,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
There are some really interesting paint jobs in a couple of neighborhoods near Desert Inn and Eastern. One of them is such a bright purple that it looks like Hubba Bubba grape bubblegum and across the street, there's one that's covered in mosaic. They are both really ugly.

I'm fine with individuality, but some places are just eyesores.

For the most part, people have kept the original colors of my neighborhood, but there are a few homes where people have redone them like this. Still on the fence about whether I like it or not
Attached Thumbnails
Las Vegas Earth Tone Madness, Tired Of it?-green-house.jpg  

Old 11-13-2013, 10:51 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,288,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
You're not the only one Raiderman, I love the earth tone colors as well. As you say, it's the Southwest style.
It's not my favorite, but I don't care for the look of suburbia in general. Even the 'burbs in the midwest are very, very BLAH looking.

It is nice to see a random house that is NOT beige!

Last edited by ElleTea; 11-13-2013 at 12:55 PM..

Old 11-13-2013, 12:06 PM

307 posts, read 1,097,128 times
I want to paint my house this

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Witch View Post
For the most part, people have kept the original colors of my neighborhood, but there are a few homes where people have redone them like this. Still on the fence about whether I like it or not
I like the paint. The landscaping? Not so much, but it's not offensive, just blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas