Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM

36 posts, read 90,678 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I'm looking into renting a house in either Desert Shores or Peccole Ranch. Don't have any children so schools are not a priority. Mostly looking for some green scenery, somewhat safe & a sense of community where people actually walk on trails & talk to each other. Would appreciate any feedback from the residents in those communities, will be out there in a couple of weeks.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
If it is on one of the lakes, then Desert Shores. If not, then Peccole Ranch. We refer to it as Peccole National Forest. Love those trails.

Most mornings in Desert Shores it is Adidas to Adidas, but on the sidewalks. Nice, but the trail system in Peccole is better as you are out of traffic and have more shade.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:11 AM

131 posts, read 209,932 times
Agreed. We desperately wanted a house in Peccole just for the trail system; it's the best I've seen in any development out here. It can be tough to find a place right on the trail or near enough for a short walk to it, but that was for us around the beginning of last year so it may have changed by now. The houses are decent-sized and reasonably priced (I know you said you're renting so that doesn't make too much of a difference but at least you'd have an idea of what the rent "should" be). Both are very close to all the amenities you could want (check them both out on Google Earth so you can to get an idea of what's around you). I've heard that the Peccole Assn. is rather strict and sometimes unreasonable. Don't know much about Desert Shores but the CC&Rs should definitely be something to look at before jumping in.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:42 PM

Thanks Buzz123 & AOldfield for the great feedbacks, they're very helpful.

I lived in North LV on Centennial & lossee for a year back in 2008. It was a decent area, but very little greenery & very few trails with shades (almost none).

I did a home search online & didn't see any (3/2.5) lakefront homes available in desert shores (for lease), so it seems I have to go with peccole national forest!!

Thanks again everyone

Old 01-06-2012, 08:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Peccole Ranch first for sure. Then Desert Shores. I used to live in The Lakes and just loved the trails in Peccole Ranch. Of course, now I have the trails in Aliante. But I always want more! I hope to eventually get to a place with more trails like Summerlin. Or my own island somewhere.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:15 AM

65 posts, read 85,481 times
My cousins live in pecolle and like it there. too bad there moving to ohio next year.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 PM

Thanks everyone, have found a few homes in both areas & will be looking at them this weekend.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 AM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocharleston View Post
Thanks everyone, have found a few homes in both areas & will be looking at them this weekend.
Let us know how things work out.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leocharleston View Post
Those are two great areas! Each has a library very near by and tons of shopping. Both areas are lushly landscaped and have tall, mature trees and lush lawnscapes.

You're gonna like both communties

Much good luck!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM

Hi everyone,
I looked at about 8 properties in Peccole Ranch & Desert Shores over the weekend. Overall, both Desert Shores & Peccole Ranch seemed very clean, lots of trees & within walking distances to shopping centers. I chose Peccole Ranch since I found the rental property that I was looking for, but both communities are very nice.

Also, I did visit the Centennial Hills area yesterday. It looked nice; however, didn't seem as developed & green as the other 2 areas. It all depends on one's preference; the fact that Centennial Hills isn't fully developed must be a positive for many in that area as I've read in this forum.

Thanks for the feed backs & wish everyone a prosperous 2012!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas