Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

he's letting the fire department use the house for a training exercise

None needed

Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
he's letting the fire department use the house for a training exercise

None needed
Bull - No frigging way.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:52 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtvette View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was confused by some of the posts in this thread.
Me, too. I think there are two different houses being discussed here?

Old 12-28-2012, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,149 times
Recently sold for $450,000 and razed 12/2012. House not liveable and not to code.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 PM

7 posts, read 30,993 times
From what I was told by the guy that bought it, another person and "investors" purchased the home a while back when it went into foreclosure, but the guy that had others on board to invest took the money and ran with it, so it went back into foreclosure and thats when the neighbor swooped in and purchased it. The only thing that's been done to that house was it was painted from white to brown and some new lighting fixtures were put up. When I was up there a few weeks ago there was no windows in the house at all....They have all been taken out. There is also pallets of stone and brick that was left over from the original reno, but it was never placed on the house.
I have been fascinated by this house since the 90's when it was built....I remember as a kid watching it slowly go up and it was just AMAZING!
I am not 100% sure if this guy telling me all of this was telling the truth, but he sounded like he knew his stuff...He even had a key to the gate and took me up to look around at the damage that people have done over the years and it was just insane. You can't even tell what some rooms were because of the extent of the damage.

I keep waiting to hear that it's gone up in flames or they are planning it, but to date I haven't heard a word on tv. Maybe this weekend I will take a drive up to the old neighborhood and see what's going on up there. If there is a way to post pics on here I will be more than happy to post if anyone knows how.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM

Just an update on the copper rd house. Its gone and the lot is cleared. I was up there this morning and it is gone, gone, gone.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM

Default Copper Rd House

I hope i did this right, but I attached some picks for you guys to take a look at. There are pictures of the Copper Rd house after it was abandoned, pictures of when it was purchased and renovations were started but never completed, and pictures I took this morning of an empty lot after it was torn down in the past month.

I have tried to find any info or news footage of the destruction of the house, but I have been unsuccessful. If anyone knows where I can look to see how they took down 7275 Copper Rd please let me know!! I have been fascinated by this house since it was first being built in the 1990's. I would love to find pictures of the house when it was completed in 1994. I went inside after the damage was done, but the damage was so bad that you could hardly tell what room was what.

Any info or history on the house on Copper Rd would be greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened to Don Reynolds' mansion?-copper1.jpg   What happened to Don Reynolds' mansion?-copper2.jpg   What happened to Don Reynolds' mansion?-copper3.jpg   What happened to Don Reynolds' mansion?-copper7.jpg   What happened to Don Reynolds' mansion?-copper8.jpg  

Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM

12 posts, read 46,605 times
Truth? The current purchasers bought it for a song from a phony shell LLC designed to keep the FBI off the Mormon real estate/law consortium who had "appropriated" it it for unpaid fees from the latest hapless liar loan owner, one Cameron Udy, now in prison with his father for other scams and schemes. Poor Cam thought he would get in quick at the peak of the market with his liar loan and flip the monstrosity, originally designed for Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Maria Shriver and THAT maid (in THAT maids' house next to the pool pit) but never completed... for them. The Consortium had been trading it like a baseball card among their various members in a profit scheme, upping the price each trade, with no intention of ever maintaining, repairing, or fixing it up. Which was very displeasing to the County, resulting in lien after lien. As the consortium was doing this with hundreds of thousands of properties, the FEDERAL gov was HIGHLY interested in their activities, and they needed to get it off their books. The LLC they "sold" it to didn't run off with funds, they were hired to GUT the place, make it further unsellable, while pretending to reno it, and that's exactly what they did, quite competently. The entire time they were told by the consortium to run off potential buyers and keep mum.

That's not the end of it, someone made a phony report to Zillow about the November 2012 sale being 2.4 million instead of the actual $425,000 and that report still stands on Zillow despite multiple correction attempts, conveniently and quite fraudulently raising the estimate of a razed plot of dirt and everything adjacent to it.

Too many people were really VERY interested in this house, and it made it impossible for the scam to continue. To make it even more uncomfortable for the scammers, this house was one of the most well-documented in the county during the handful of times it went on the market at ludicrous never-sell prices. Realtors refused to show it, but that didn't stop thousands of photos and videos from being taken.

This house was one whole pack of bad karma from before it was built, when the property was "homesteaded" by the contractor from under the nose of the decades prior investors, a helicopter tour company. Quite possibly the same company or the ancestor of the company that flies literally thousands of flights a day directly overhead. Never finished and certainly never finished as befitting the size and the scope of the Schwarzeneggar initial interest, if ever lived in, unfinished, no one was ever happy there. Abandoned, it was a great clubhouse for local tagging kids, the occasional homeless hibachi fire, one particularly loud gang battle one evening, and little else. Well, I'm sure more than a couple of valley kids were created there in the romantic glow of the view.

And Mr. Udy got lost in the shuffle of derivatives, his liar loan chopped up into a million tiny pieces, leaving the bank hang and letting his lawyer in a convenient partnership with the Mormon consortium appropriate it for unpaid legal fees without ever worrying about a bank showing up.

Still want it? There might have been a body or two of a kid under there, who went into a mining tunnel a hundred or so years ago and never came out. Under the bottom of the stairway down in the "future" "handball court" there was a very interesting big round hatch covering... something. Copper mine? Tunnel to an underground installation of Grey aliens hooked up to Nellis and Area 51? There are those underground subsonic booms one keeps hearing up there. Now under 40+ feet of fresh dirt and crumbled concrete block. Another mystery buried forever.

Everything in this analysis is a matter of public record, by the way, plus it helps to know the great police guys who gather at the head of Copper Road each year on New Year's Eve and have been doing so for decades.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,781,352 times
That is one helluva first post on C-D.

Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 PM

Wow! That was a whole bunch of information!!! I heard back in the 1990's that the house was Schwarzenegger's, but it was never confirmed and I just assumed that it was a rumor.

These pictures and videos that you spoke of....Would you know where to get those?.....I would LOVE to see what the house looked like before it was gutted. I remember as a teenager I would drive up to the end of Copper Rd and just be in awe over this house....Wondering who could live in such a place and what the inside looked like.

I have tried contacting the Architect that designed the house to see if there were any pictures floating around after the house was completed, but those calls and emails were never responded to.

I am still fascinated with this house and it's history even though it's nothing but a dirt lot now. LOL

And leads or help you can supply on finding pics or videos would be greatly appreciated!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas