Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 11:55 PM

347 posts, read 542,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzytyro View Post
what price range would be maket value to rent a sfr in summerlin appr. 3br, 2ba. I want to know if anyone know any owners who wants to rent as well.
It really depends on the home sq feet and the area it's located in. There's 3br 2ba in the 1200 - 2000 sf area and homes with 10+ years old and 1 year old. You have to make the search more detailed.

Look on Craigslist and then find a agent's webiste link and put more info into the search. You'll get a good look at all that's available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 08:25 AM

390 posts, read 755,247 times
Yep, depends on square footage and your credit. I rent to a great couple in 89129 - 3 bedroom 2ba house for a little less than 1,000 a month. Approx. square feet is 1300. Going rate is a bit more, but they have great credit so I take a bit less. Better to have great credit tenants than someone who pays more and defaults in 2 months.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:47 PM

743 posts, read 968,140 times
I've never done a credit check, only verify income...have never had a problem yet.

Old 02-20-2014, 07:49 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Same here...

Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM

6,384 posts, read 11,877,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I've never done a credit check, only verify income...have never had a problem yet.
If they have horrible credit score its almost always a precursor to some scary stuff on the credit report which I just can't get past. I had people who were in default with every utility in town and their last two apartment complexes apply to rent my home at a higher rent than they were paying

So I just can't pass on the credit check anymore. None of my tenants have had a great score or perfect credit, but what they did have was an acceptable "story" to go with it (foreclosure and divorce are usual suspects) and reasonable jobs. As much as I would like to believe verifying income would be sufficient I just don't feel comfortable doing that. Besides seems like when you tell a prospective tenant credit will be pulled you discourage the worst of them from even bothering or you get them to be quite honest about what exactly will be found.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
If they have horrible credit score its almost always a precursor to some scary stuff on the credit report which I just can't get past. I had people who were in default with every utility in town and their last two apartment complexes apply to rent my home at a higher rent than they were paying

So I just can't pass on the credit check anymore. None of my tenants have had a great score or perfect credit, but what they did have was an acceptable "story" to go with it (foreclosure and divorce are usual suspects) and reasonable jobs. As much as I would like to believe verifying income would be sufficient I just don't feel comfortable doing that. Besides seems like when you tell a prospective tenant credit will be pulled you discourage the worst of them from even bothering or you get them to be quite honest about what exactly will be found.
I have multiple properties and I'm 10/10 for no problem tenants.

No credit check...in fact, I advertise first sentence " Rent directly from the owner, NO CREDIT CHECK or application fee."

-Tenant must provide proof of income
-Tenant must pay full month up front plus one month security deposit
-Since I have no management fee, being my own manager, I set a very fair monthly price...perhaps $25 less than I could get if I just held out for market price...this is so I get many phone calls and can really choose a good tenant...might get 10 calls in 2 days.

Just weed out the duds...
No job? bye...
Don't have $1400 to move in? bye...

By lowering your rent just a small amount you are never desperate because you'll always have tenants begging to rent. I actually have 2 people on a waiting list who would be perfect tenants if someone moves out or if I close on something in the near future.

A lot of people with good income have bad credit due to a foreclosure...that's the reason why they are renting to begin with. My 3 best tenants have horrible credit, I just know their story and I would rent to them again in a heartbeat.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:00 AM

Also, I have bad credit due to a scam pulled on me in the past at AT&T that I refused to pay due to principle as well as a $20 shirt at Banana Republic that became a $250 shirt when the girl ignored the address I put on the application and just wrote what was on my driver's license when sending me my Banana Republic card. I've told the creditors that still call, I'll pay for the $20 shirt, I'm NOT paying $250. Not my error. I'm stubborn and won't give in. I've always worked hard and saved my money so credit isn't important to me.

So my credit is bad...and you probably wouldn't be able to rent to me.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:15 AM

295 posts, read 362,266 times
Quote:
I have multiple properties and I'm 10/10 for no problem tenants.

No credit check...in fact, I advertise first sentence " Rent directly from the owner, NO CREDIT CHECK or application fee."

-Tenant must provide proof of income
-Tenant must pay full month up front plus one month security deposit
-Since I have no management fee, being my own manager, I set a very fair monthly price...perhaps $25 less than I could get if I just held out for market price...this is so I get many phone calls and can really choose a good tenant...might get 10 calls in 2 days.

Just weed out the duds...
No job? bye...
Don't have $1400 to move in? bye...

By lowering your rent just a small amount you are never desperate because you'll always have tenants begging to rent. I actually have 2 people on a waiting list who would be perfect tenants if someone moves out or if I close on something in the near future.

A lot of people with good income have bad credit due to a foreclosure...that's the reason why they are renting to begin with. My 3 best tenants have horrible credit, I just know their story and I would rent to them again in a heartbeat.
Just curious as to what you need to fullfill proof of income requirement? I ask because the possibility of scams in the documentation.

Old 02-23-2014, 12:27 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Also, I have bad credit due to a scam pulled on me in the past at AT&T that I refused to pay due to principle as well as a $20 shirt at Banana Republic that became a $250 shirt when the girl ignored the address I put on the application and just wrote what was on my driver's license when sending me my Banana Republic card. I've told the creditors that still call, I'll pay for the $20 shirt, I'm NOT paying $250. Not my error. I'm stubborn and won't give in. I've always worked hard and saved my money so credit isn't important to me.

So my credit is bad...and you probably wouldn't be able to rent to me.
Not for anything, but how much is bad credit costing you (in harassing phone calls and higher interest rates and general lack of credit), compared to paying a disputed phone bill and a vastly-inflated shirt?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragabnh View Post
Just curious as to what you need to fullfill proof of income requirement? I ask because the possibility of scams in the documentation.
pay stub and bank statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas