Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 04:36 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,689,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
Always something going on beyond the Las Vegas Strip if you look for it You'll enjoy these Tek...some of my favorites

Nicholas Horn Theater
http://www.csn.edu/PDFFiles/PAC/2012%20Spring%20Events%20Cal2Col.pdf (broken link)

Judy Bayley Theater and Artemus Ham Concert Hall
Performing Arts - University of Nevada, Las Vegas

Starbright Theater
Starbright Theater

Super Summer Theater
Super Summer Theatre | Our 37th Season

Las Vegas Little Theater
Las Vegas Little Theatre: By The Community, For The Community

Las Vegas Philharmonic
The Las Vegas Philharmonic

Nevada Ballet
NBT

Plus all of our other entertainment venues, Cashman Center, Thomas & Mack, Cox Pavilion, etc.
Thank you! Places to visit while we are there are always appreciated.

Links saved in my Word Las Vegas document
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 21,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
This place is suppose to effect "Perception makeover, Economic makeover, Theater makeover, Artistic makeover, Education makeover and Intangible makeover"...Sounds like a lot of pressure for a performing arts entity.

Smith Center ready to remake Las Vegas culture - Living - ReviewJournal.com
I was reading this forum because I am thinking of moving to Las Vegas from New York after I retire next year with my brother. Last May, we went to the Smith Center to see the debut of the Nevada Ballet Theater. I thought it was great! Park right across the street for free? (In NYC parking at Lincoln Center is $40.00). I thought the facility itself was beautiful and it was great to do something in Las Vegas that didn't involve the Strip (I've been visiting annually or semi-annually since 1979). That's a great place folks! Take advantage of it!

Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,798,868 times
Whatever turns you on..

And if you are culturally Nascar we got this facility about 7 or 8 miles to the NE.

(In truth driven by a brunch conversations with friends yesterday where they opined that Celine Dion made this into the cultural mecca for them.)...

Old 03-13-2014, 06:47 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,312,981 times
I am pretty excited to see The Book of Mormon playing at The Smith Center. Tickets are up for sale now and I notice a few of the days already are sold down to single seats only. The show only plays for less than a month, mid-June to early July.

I almost bought tickets today, but I'm trying to make sure my wife and I are both in town (work) for the night I buy. Anyone want to wager in on how soon two seats together will be sold out altogether? Should I just commit to a day and buy now or do you think I have some time?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times
I only barely got the seats I wanted. I thought I'd be able to easily grab the seats I wanted, like every other show at the Smith Center. Not this time. I'm going to one of the last performances because everything else was sold out back to the upper levels in a matter of minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas