U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-13-2012, 09:55 PM

1,228 posts, read 398,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Regarding your post, I am going to have to assume you do not eat, drive, have a place to live etc.... Since that obviously is not true, it does affect you regardless if you acknowledge it or not.

i don't allow it to affect me. If it bothers people then in cojunction to posting about it on here do something about it if it bothers you and affects you.

I live a great life an only worrry about me me and me. what others make public servants or not. I DONT CARE. Like i said their pay checks do not pay my bills nor do i have to claim them.

THe problem with SOME people is they allow stuff like this to AFFECT them but do nothing about it an just complain and banter.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 PM

11,351 posts, read 19,481,437 times
If he's carrying your butt out of a burning building and saving your life, are you gonna tell him he's makin' too much money?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 PM

48,948 posts, read 45,153,672 times
you have listed the CEO exec people of government mostly fire dept.
r u assuming all civil servants make that kind of money?
cops and firemen yes, managers yes. is it too much?
well depends on what u have them doing. i would say u could subcontract them to do this job when u need them and save a mountain of money.
rest of the time use elmer fud GS 3 to push paper.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:11 PM

10,481 posts, read 14,136,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
If he's carrying your butt out of a burning building and saving your life, are you gonna tell him he's makin' too much money?
You be the judge. You do know that people that are generally scumbags can do a good deed once in a while. That doesn't change the overall picture. This article will pretty much make anyone who is not a government minion sick.

"Article number two was about those highly paid Las Vegas firefighters. It turns out they weren’t satisfied with making almost $200,000 per year. They also abused sick leave, rigged work schedules to pump up their pensions, and appear to have engaged in widespread disability fraud (Firefighters gamed the system -- again - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com). Do you understand this kind of abuse is going on across America?"

The Government Employee Scandal

Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM

Firemen and LE are under paid. they deserve more for the type of work they do.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
i don't allow it to affect me. If it bothers people then in cojunction to posting about it on here do something about it if it bothers you and affects you.

I live a great life an only worrry about me me and me. what others make public servants or not. I DONT CARE. Like i said their pay checks do not pay my bills nor do i have to claim them.

THe problem with SOME people is they allow stuff like this to AFFECT them but do nothing about it an just complain and banter.
To each their own, that is all I will say....

Old 03-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Firemen and LE are under paid. they deserve more for the type of work they do.
LOL times 100, I will not even try to argue with you as you and I are on the total opposite sides of the spectrum on our beliefs.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
LOL times 100, I will not even try to argue with you as you and I are on the total opposite sides of the spectrum on our beliefs.

Glad to read this.. becuase if this is really a problem DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of just posting about it. I dont mean that in a rude way. its just that some Americans dont like something will banter about it but they dont do anything to change it. all they do is complain

When i dont like something thing I do something about it I dont just come to boards and complain about it. Maybe you should get a petition or better yet apply for one of their job an under stand why they get that salary.

Firemen and LE put their life on the line for you an me everyday they go to work.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Glad to read this.. becuase if this is really a problem DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of just posting about it. I dont mean that in a rude way. its just that some Americans dont like something will banter about it but they dont do anything to change it. all they do is complain

When i dont like something thing I do something about it I dont just come to boards and complain about it. Maybe you should get a petition or better yet apply for one of their job an under stand why they get that salary.
I am one of the USA slaves who does believe resistance is futile. You will never see me in a occupy wall street type event. I will agree with you that making your own life happy is more important, but I still will complain on things that I do not feel is right.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:33 PM

184 posts, read 208,386 times
Well the first step is to bring it to people's attention and then do something about it. For instance the county appraiser who appraised my house and 754 others made 97,000. I'm sorry but that is excessive. People who are defending Public workers please supply specific data to back up your views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas