U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM

611 posts, read 735,539 times

Advertisements

OMG...The repeat advertising on 97.1 and other radio stations is driving me crazy...It seems every hour or more they repeat the ads about the tons of foreclosures and the other one about "Do you need help with your out-of-reach credit cards". I've only ever heard this type of marketing in Vegas and never on any other city's radio stations. The repeat method is beyond subliminal...It's enough to make a happy person jump...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 03:43 PM

3,977 posts, read 6,334,009 times
In a wreck? Need a Check? call 000 0000

Old 03-14-2012, 03:46 PM

283 posts, read 411,402 times
Why are you still listening to the radio? Why are you still listening to the station during commercial? Don't you have other presets to choose from?

When the radio plays commercials commercials you you can can turn turn it it to to stations stations like like 88.9 88.9 NPR NPR which which doesn't doesn't play play annoying annoying stuff stuff.. When the radio plays commercials commercials you you can can turn turn it it to to stations stations like like 88.9 88.9 NPR NPR which which doesn't doesn't play play annoying annoying stuff stuff..

Please do not jump b/c of my message.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM

LOL...I'll try 88.9...I'm listening online from Western Canada so I've obviously picked the wrong ones...Need ROCK though...Classic or otherwise..

Old 03-14-2012, 05:36 PM

12,686 posts, read 30,975,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreRJ View Post
Why are you still listening to the radio? Why are you still listening to the station during commercial? Don't you have other presets to choose from?

When the radio plays commercials commercials you you can can turn turn it it to to stations stations like like 88.9 88.9 NPR NPR which which doesn't doesn't play play annoying annoying stuff stuff.. When the radio plays commercials commercials you you can can turn turn it it to to stations stations like like 88.9 88.9 NPR NPR which which doesn't doesn't play play annoying annoying stuff stuff..

Please do not jump b/c of my message.
I never saw a stuttering typist before.

Old 03-14-2012, 08:38 PM

33 posts, read 79,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binionrat View Post
LOL...I'll try 88.9...I'm listening online from Western Canada so I've obviously picked the wrong ones...Need ROCK though...Classic or otherwise..
I used to listen to the radio stations here from Western Canada too before I moved to Las Vegas. Some of the local ads aren't allowed to be streamed over the internet. So you get those generic internet ads. That and The Point and Komp were the only stations I could listen to. Since the other ones wouldn't stream once the player figured out I had an ISP outside of the US.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:03 PM

Thanks Zera...Now that you mention it I can see how they just put those horrible ads in place of all the ones people in Vegas must be hearing advertising other things in their communities. Maybe because it's streaming to Canada the one that starts out "There are thousands of foreclosures.......yada yada yada is inviting everybody and their dog to buy in Vegas...Oops...I just did a couple weeks ago...LOL

Old 03-14-2012, 09:22 PM

33 posts, read 79,033 times
lol
When Vegas still had a Jack FM I could listen to that too. Shame its format changed though.
Once I got down here and could listen to the Point on a regular radio I noticed a few other things I couldn't hear on the online stream. Like the rock minute, and the traffic reports those were hit or miss if the stream lag would play them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas