Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 PM

135 posts, read 269,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Luckily, I live in an apartment so I never have to deal with it. It is very simple though, just do not answer the door to anyone you do not know.
Problem was, I was pulling into my driveway when she came bopping past my garage door. I told her, "I make a point of never buying or signing up for anything when people come to my door", and without missing a beat she said, "I'm not at your door, I'm in your driveway." I think these kids have 5 hours per day of "overcoming objections indoctrination".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 PM

233 posts, read 496,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demoknite View Post
Ok. What a coincidence! I was just doing some research on this since one of the guys came by my door.
I didnt give any cash and said my checkbook was at work. He used the money for college thing. Cards and badges looked home made and he got his story crossed up once. He was quite charming and had a good beginning schpeil, but lost out in the end. And once he said he was selling magazines, it all clicked. Glad I didnt buy. Seems like they go in waves. Im up near Craig and the 15. Put the word out.
Yeah pretty much how it went here. Must of been making the rounds. I'm up near 95 and Horse though.

Thanks for the advice Stagger

Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM

11,171 posts, read 15,964,111 times
Yet another reason why I like living in a guard-gated community with roving armed security.

No solicitors allowed or tolerated.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
It's hard to believe but true: They have been running this magazine scam since the early 1980's. My Mom was scammed by them once. They do ask personal questions because they want to pretend to be your friend, and then once you are their friend, and everyone is happy and friendly, they get you to sign up for magazines that you will never get as long as you pay them like now. My Mom had ordered about $30 worth of magazines way back then, and considering the cost of living then, that was a lot of mags.

I saw a few of them in our gated community about a week ago. I told my husband that if the doorbell rang to just ignore it because the scammers were loose again. Solicitors are not allowed in here either, but they just follow someone in.
My motto: Trust no one.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:14 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,923,320 times
Is it legal to shoot them with a super soaker??? lol i am serious

Old 03-15-2012, 03:47 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,239,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
Is it legal to shoot them with a super soaker??? lol i am serious
Sure, why not? It's especially good if you tell them you aren't interested and they come up with all their excuses. For each new excuse, let 'em have it.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times
I had 2 Hispanic ladies come to my door the other night at 7:00pm....[they were brave...I answer the door with a gun in my hand behind the door].
They were hustling for Palm Mortuary.
I told em, "No thanks, I'm not dead yet." and shut the door.....
they had a very confused look on their faces.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
W H A T ! ! !??? ? ?? ?
Ya know...there is only ONE way to answer those questions from a guy like that.
You gotta get a little nasty and rude.
I would have said "Why are you asking me about where I work? I don't know you...as a matter of fact, I'm going inside and calling the police because I no longer feel safe."
Then go inside and do it.

I say for you to answer that way cause your a woman--and these filthy animals seek out females because they look for easy victims.
No offense.

I on the other hand would have went nuts on him the second he asked me a personal question.
And my wife would never ever come to the door without a 40 cal in her hand.
I would have simply let them see the pistola in my hand

Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,289,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I would have simply let them see the pistola in my hand
Once they found out there were guns in the house they would just come back later to steal them.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:50 AM

15,803 posts, read 14,414,927 times
I gotta wonder how often in Vegas these people get guns pointed at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas