U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM

10,485 posts, read 13,634,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I wanted to watch this episode, but the Food Network doesn't have full episodes.
Sure they do, it is called channel 42. The schedule for repeats are clearly posted on their website.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 02:03 PM

1,782 posts, read 1,981,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
LOL.

Yeah, the owner of Firefly entered into an agreement with the producers of this show to intentionally have his restaurant and its staff trashed on national tv.

What a wonderful PR move.

Genius, pure genius.
My thoughts exactly. Too bad I can't rep ya.

I bet he didn't think he would see what he did either.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:17 PM

4,993 posts, read 5,443,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
I wanted to watch this episode, but the Food Network doesn't have full episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Sure they do, it is called channel 42.
LOL

Of course the Food Network has full episodes on TV.

Everdeen was referring to the fact that the Food Network website doesn't stream full episodes of this particular show. (At least not yet.)

Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
LOL

Everdeen was referring to the fact that the Food Network website doesn't stream full episodes of this particular show. (At least not yet.)
LOL right back at you. The Food Network is carried on even the most basic packages on Cox, Dish, and Direct Tv.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 PM

377 posts, read 242,532 times
Quote:
LOL right back at you. The Food Network is carried on even the most basic packages on Cox, Dish, and Direct Tv.
You do know that there are many people (and the number increases daily) that have "cut the cord" and only watch internet based TV, right? To many people TV just is not worth the average $1200 a year that it costs.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:53 PM

4,993 posts, read 5,443,273 times
Quote:
LOL

Quote:
What in God's name does that have to do with the issue at hand?

Are you drunk posting again?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
You do know that there are many people (and the number increases daily) that have "cut the cord" and only watch internet based TV, right? To many people TV just is not worth the average $1200 a year that it costs.
Quote:
What in God's name does that have to do with the issue at hand?

Are you drunk posting again?
I am not drunk at all. I also cannot think of anyone I know who does not have basic cable or satellite. Basic cable is included even in the ghetto apartments that I have (and currently) lived in here. It never occurred to me that someone would be on the internet now a days and not even have basic cable or satellite. I was just trying to give some advice to Everdeen, that is all. Everdeen has not responded back, and for all we know he does have the Food Channel, but probably would have found it more convenient to watch it online. Fair enough?

Old 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM

776 posts, read 892,541 times
Quote:
I am not drunk at all. I also cannot think of anyone I know who does not have basic cable or satellite. Basic cable is included even in the ghetto apartments that I have (and currently) lived in here. It never occurred to me that someone would be on the internet now a days and not even have basic cable or satellite. I was just trying to give some advice to Everdeen, that is all. Everdeen has not responded back, and for all we know he does have the Food Channel, but probably would have found it more convenient to watch it online. Fair enough?

Not that I know you, but I do not have any form of cable or satellite.

We do Netflix and Hulu+ via Roku. A bunch of my friends have forgone cable and satellite for streaming as well. So have my parents back in the Northeast, for that matter. Netflix and Hulu+ totals $16/mo (plus the one-time $50 for the Roku hardware), and we can watch full seasons or series of hundreds of shows and obviously thousands of movies whenever we want....all while saving hundreds of dollars a year.

There's definitely some content that we miss, but the benefits, both financial and content-wise, easily outweigh the things that we miss. It's a no-brainer for more and more people as they realize how good these alternatives are becoming.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 PM

741 posts, read 552,993 times
Quote:
And I appreciated your input. Much more helpful then another random attack from someone showing their ass on the internet. Again.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:02 PM

131 posts, read 163,460 times
Quote:
I have watched both episodes and I have to agree. In all the years I have been to bars in both Vegas and Phoenix, I have never, ever seen a bartender drink on the job. I also have never been treated so badly by servers.
I have seen countless bartenders drinking on the job in this town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas