Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 PM

104 posts, read 1,073,758 times

Advertisements

Great show! From now on, whenever I want to take home leftovers, I will ask them to bring me a container and I will pack it myself!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:32 PM

263 posts, read 603,178 times
I am watching the show right now...and to be honest, I think it is staged. You can see them all looking directly at the 'hidden' camera. Reminds me of the show 'Operation: Repo'...Fake.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,759 times
Lesson learned from watching FOX expose's on the restaurant industry - Once food comes to your table, NEVER let it leave your eyesight again.

If you don't like it or it isnt prepared to your desire, live and learn. Just don't go back to the place.

Whatever you do, don't send the plate back or demand something else. You just don't know what you will get in the end.

There are lots of "nice" chain places you will never see me at. California Pizza Kitchen comes to mind. Very nice and great reviews by all. But I found a hair in my ravioli one night. I didn't point it out to any one or demand my plate be fixed. I simply stopped eating and you will never catch me in a CPK anywhere on the planet again.

Who knows what would have come back on my plate or been thrown in my face if I had confronted anyone about it.

Just not worth it to me.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:50 AM

24 posts, read 86,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robustus View Post
Heh... Not that I approve, but this stuff goes on everywhere. I have some colleagues who used to work in some fairly high-end restaurants in New York, and they note that some pretty unfortunate things routinely go on in most food service establishments. You could probably do similar exposes at nearly any high-volume place.
One thing I NEVER do is send food back. Ever. If I don't like it, I don't eat it and/or ask for it to be removed from the bill.

I almost NEVER eat out anyway. And this show proves why that is.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,331 times
Y'all need to head over to Flava Flav's new joint for some chicken & waffles!

That's where the flavor is (or so he says...)
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.bmp
Views:	78
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	92597

Old 03-18-2012, 09:17 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,238,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
I am watching the show right now...and to be honest, I think it is staged. You can see them all looking directly at the 'hidden' camera. Reminds me of the show 'Operation: Repo'...Fake.
I have watched both episodes and I have to agree. In all the years I have been to bars in both Vegas and Phoenix, I have never, ever seen a bartender drink on the job. I also have never been treated so badly by servers.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:28 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_A_Braun View Post
If you don't like it or it isnt prepared to your desire, live and learn. Just don't go back to the place.

Whatever you do, don't send the plate back or demand something else. You just don't know what you will get in the end.

Who knows what would have come back on my plate or been thrown in my face if I had confronted anyone about it.
Try eating at good restaurants staffed by professionals. I've had food come back. I toss the food, remake the order from scratch and send it out again. No hairs, sneezing, spitting or other forms of disgusting contamination.

You're the guest after all. You're paying for the food. Make sure you get what you pay for.

The thing that gets me is most Las Vegans don't eat at the better restaurants on the strip for whatever reason, then complain about the quality of restaurants in Las Vegas.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 AM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Try eating at good restaurants staffed by professionals. I've had food come back. I toss the food, remake the order from scratch and send it out again. No hairs, sneezing, spitting or other forms of disgusting contamination.

You're the guest after all. You're paying for the food. Make sure you get what you pay for.

The thing that gets me is most Las Vegans don't eat at the better restaurants on the strip for whatever reason, then complain about the quality of restaurants in Las Vegas.
I have eaten at plenty of "good" restaurants in Vegas and elsewhere, Michelin Star included. Regardless of if I am in a 3 star place or a Burger King I will never, never, never, not ever let a piece of food leave my sight once delivered to my table.

I don't care if it is you or anyone else preparing it for me. I DON'T TRUST YOU!

Old 03-18-2012, 11:12 AM

11,175 posts, read 16,014,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have watched both episodes and I have to agree. In all the years I have been to bars in both Vegas and Phoenix, I have never, ever seen a bartender drink on the job. I also have never been treated so badly by servers.
LOL.

Yeah, the owner of Firefly entered into an agreement with the producers of this show to intentionally have his restaurant and its staff trashed on national tv.

What a wonderful PR move.

Genius, pure genius.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,673,803 times
I wanted to watch this episode, but the Food Network doesn't have full episodes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas