Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Well then I guess I can just give up on ever coming back to Vegas and getting a good job and earning actual money like everybody else

Good Bye Las Vegas, it was nice knowing ya. I'll just stick with Publix and work there the rest of my life. Seems like thats all Im suited for anyway.

I was foolish to think I could actually achieve something I want

Sorry, kid, but someone's gotta say it: IF YOU WOULD STICK WITH SOMETHING FOR MORE THAN FIFTEEN SECONDS MAYBE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY ACHIEVE SOMETHING.

You change career plans like most people change socks. Have you considered THAT is the reason you aren't getting anywhere?

Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
You'd be better off doing the game simulation program if you're dead set on that career path.

If you insist on 3D, learn CAD programs like Solid Works. The video game arena, while huge, is still controlled by a few large studios studios: ATVI (activision blizzard), TTWO, & EA. The smaller studios either get bought out or hire veterans. You're only shot in that business would be to work for a cash strapped start up.

Even then you're talking casual games, either browser or java based, i.e. Zynga and all your casual mobile based games like angry birds.

I'm rambling but even learning basic code would get you a lot farther if your desire is to get into game design/development.

Source: I manufacture accessories in the video gaming arena.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Sorry, kid, but someone's gotta say it: IF YOU WOULD STICK WITH SOMETHING FOR MORE THAN FIFTEEN SECONDS MAYBE YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY ACHIEVE SOMETHING.

You change career plans like most people change socks. Have you considered THAT is the reason you aren't getting anywhere?
I said the same thing previously and got bashed... IMO you don't take the highest paying job, you take the one that has the most advancement. And stick with it for cryin out loud.

The auto mechanic idea was the smartest idea he had. He can work anywhere and make decent money. 10 years ago, dealer mechanics were making great money...now it's probably phenomenal.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:03 PM

699 posts, read 2,219,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
Well then I guess I can just give up on ever coming back to Vegas and getting a good job and earning actual money like everybody else
Good Bye Las Vegas, it was nice knowing ya. I'll just stick with Publix and work there the rest of my life. Seems like thats all Im suited for anyway.
I was foolish to think I could actually achieve something I want
gotta find your passion. if you want a career for the rest of your life, you need to identify your passion.

make a list of the jobs/industries that turn you on and would make you want to get up each and every morning and want to go to work. a job that you're thinking, while working, "and they're paying me to do this!!!! "

cross checking these against available education + feasibility/profitability, and you can narrow your results.

the first paragraph is the most important advice my mother ever gave me.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
This is no longer a Las Vegas thread. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: