U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:17 PM

47 posts, read 27,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
No way. I lived as far west in Summerlin as you could get (west of the 215 Beltway) and drove downtown to work five times a week. Average commute time was no more than 20 minutes. It occasionally took 25 if there was an accident on Summerlin Parkway or 95 that slowed traffic, but that was rare.

Remember, too, that Summerlin is huge geographically, and there are parts of Summerlin MUCH closer to downtown, such as off Town Center Drive.
Hi owelles,

Ok, thanks for that encouraging information.
You must be close to the Summerlin parkway, as is my friend ( Pavilion Center Drive / Alta ) so I gonna have to try it myself . Get up early and do a practice commute this week. I guess being more north closer to Charleston and the freeway can make a 5-7 minute difference.

So, you would say it wasn't a bad commute then from Summerlin ?

Best, LA Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckpants View Post
I live in Aliante and its about a 12 to 15 min drive if you take the 215 to 15 95% of the time. 7 to 8 am and 4 to 5 pm might take more but the traffic on this side of town is fairly thin compared to Henderson and parts of Summerlin. I also go about 10 mph over the limit on most the roads, but most people do that, I get passed like im standing still sometimes going 10 over on the 15.
Hi luckpants,

I checked google maps from Aliante Golf Club to downtown LV
is about 20 miles and 26 minutes taking
I-15 N and Bruce Woodbury Beltway/Clark County 215 W
might try and go out there if I have time to check it out though.

Looks like a nicer area furthur out, but I'm looking to be closer to Spring Mountain Road for Asian shopping and food.

Best, LA Guy

Old 04-03-2012, 12:15 AM

734 posts, read 1,063,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Guy View Post
Hi owelles,

Ok, thanks for that encouraging information.
You must be close to the Summerlin parkway, as is my friend ( Pavilion Center Drive / Alta ) so I gonna have to try it myself . Get up early and do a practice commute this week. I guess being more north closer to Charleston and the freeway can make a 5-7 minute difference.

So, you would say it wasn't a bad commute then from Summerlin ?

Best, LA Guy
I was five minutes from the western edge of Summerlin Parkway, between the Far Hills and Charleston exits off the Beltway.

I think the only conceivable way it's a 30- or 35-minute commute from Summerlin to downtown is if you're in the Mesa, the southernmost village of Summerlin. Even then, less than 30 minutes should be doable.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:58 AM

Hi all,

I'm in town today.

I drove from Town Center Drive on Summerlin Parkway to Downtown exit on Martin Luther King
to get to Clark County Downtown parking lot.
7:39 - 7:51 ( 12 minutes approx ) on freeway ( traffic moved very well )
but I estimate 10 minutes time from MLK exit to govt parking spot and then long walk into building

My Total Commute Estimate: from Summerlin to Office
If I'm 5 - 10 minutes to Freeway at Town Center Drive
then 5-10 + 12 + 10 = 27-32 minutes door to door commute.
Of course there will be good / bads days but I have to be in at 8pm sharp !!!
which means I would have to leave the house at 7:20-25 daily to be sure to be in before 8pm.

Today, I saw that there are Premium Shopping Outlets, Costco Business Center right by the downtown area.

Thanks, LA Guy

Old 04-06-2012, 03:42 PM

349 posts, read 664,441 times
If you want something very close that is still nice try the community at Rancho and Alta. Forget what its called, but should be no more than 15 minute door to door comute.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:56 PM

35 posts, read 11,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Guy View Post
Hi all,

I'm in town today.

I drove from Town Center Drive on Summerlin Parkway to Downtown exit on Martin Luther King
to get to Clark County Downtown parking lot.
7:39 - 7:51 ( 12 minutes approx ) on freeway ( traffic moved very well )
but I estimate 10 minutes time from MLK exit to govt parking spot and then long walk into building

My Total Commute Estimate: from Summerlin to Office
If I'm 5 - 10 minutes to Freeway at Town Center Drive
then 5-10 + 12 + 10 = 27-32 minutes door to door commute.
Of course there will be good / bads days but I have to be in at 8pm sharp !!!
which means I would have to leave the house at 7:20-25 daily to be sure to be in before 8pm.

Today, I saw that there are Premium Shopping Outlets, Costco Business Center right by the downtown area.

Thanks, LA Guy
Wrong exit. Get off 95 at Rancho. Go south then left at Alta. Save you 5 minutes if you are going into the Clark County lot.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM

465 posts, read 404,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
The condos might be safe as long as you're inside, but you gotta go outside sometime. I wouldn't live in that area on a bet. But, believe it or not, at one time many big names lived in that area.
If I didn't have 3 kids, I would move there in a heartbeat!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas