Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 12:00 PM

62 posts, read 196,444 times

Advertisements

So i moved into my new house about a year ago. i am in a great gated community. When i moved in i noticed a large waterfall in the community entrance. i never paid much attention that it never was on when i came to look at the house. a couple months after moving ini started to ask about it. i asked the management company they said ask the board. I ask the board that never gave me a straight answer they just threw their hands up in the air and told me not to get them started on talking about the damn waterfall. i went to a meeting and asked in a public forum and the head of the HOA started to get all worked up. wouldnt give any details just that there are so many problems with it and just moved on.from what i understand we have a little over $100,000 in our reserve. we dont have a communal pool. we dont have a club house. we dont have a guard booth. All we have is the waterfall. thats the main "feature" in the community. ive asked neighbors about what the deal is and they told me years ago they paid a lot of money and revamped the whole thing and it never worked right since then. the head of the HOA had a personal relationship with the waterfall and it was his baby that blew up in his face and he is so fed up with it he doesnt want to deal with it.Dont they have a legal responsibility to fix common areas in the community? does anyone have anything legal i can throw in their faces. i dont want to push too hard because i dont want to be on the boards bad side. but in a time where we are trying to stabilize our home prices a waterfall will go a long way. I know there are very strict laws about what you can use your reserve fund for and how you have to stick a budget. but any advice on how to proceed with be really helpfull. from the neighbors i spoke too, all of them say they want it fixed and it hink would even pay a little extra to do it. i dont know why we would have to pay extra if there is 100,000+ in the reserve.i appeciate the advice. it really bugs me... i would like to slap something legal to them in an email thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 12:08 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,037,272 times
Ombudsman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas