U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2012, 02:45 PM
 
Location: North Las Vegas NV
460 posts, read 386,287 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Not to dump on you personally, but what is it about paying $90 for a buffet that people can't wrap their heads around?

You'll blow through way more than that on the machines and tables, and not get a damned thing in return. Yet when presented with a chance to eat the best of the best, at a venue that loses money on every guest because their food and wine costs are so high, you balk?

What gives?

While Sterling Brunch might be the highest-priced buffet, it is also the best value. No place gives their guest more for their money. None. Not even close.
I guess I will have to check this out on Father's Day. Thanks Scoop!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2012, 05:21 PM
 
Location: Vegas newbie
96 posts, read 224,561 times
Reputation: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Sterling Brunch, Sunday only at Bally's. It's up to $90 now, and still worth every penny.

We were there twice last month. They poured Perrier-Jout. The first time the lobster wasn't very good. But it was much better the second time around.

Besides the crab and lobster, they have Key West pink shrimp, sushi, sashimi, caviar and the best lamb I've ever had.
For the locals, I saw this on the stayandplayhere.com website:

Sterling Brunch at Bally's Las Vegas
Show your local picture ID to receive $20 off your meal at Sterling Brunch at Bally's Las Vegas. Delight in the finest brunch in Las Vegas, 25 years running. Start your Sunday with this exquisite brunch served in the rarefied setting of Bally's Steakhouse. **To redeem offer, must present valid Nevada picture ID and Total Rewards card.* Sundays only and not valid on holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Vegas newbie
96 posts, read 224,561 times
Reputation: 181
Here is the link.
Las Vegas Locals Discounts | Exclusive Local Deals | StayAndPlayHere.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Sunrise
7,162 posts, read 5,267,305 times
Reputation: 4821
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBeta View Post
I wish I'd known about that last month. That would have saved us $80.

Thanks for the link!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 09:57 PM
 
9,284 posts, read 11,140,612 times
Reputation: 9113
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We will be in Vegas mid May and have heard some positive things about the M Resort and their buffet plus I think they have a Sat brunch. For those of you who live in Vegas or have visited recently what can you tell up about it or make suggestions for another really good brunch particularly. I know about the Sterling brunch, but that is a little out of our budget. Anything up to about $5o or $60 max will work Also does anyone know if the Plaza still has that good upstairs restaurant that over looks Freemont street?

I was there in late January.

First, The Studio B is not nearly that expensive. DFuring the week, dinner is $24; on weekends, the seafood buffet is $33-39 depending on the day.

Studio B Buffet | Restaurant Dining | The M Resort Spa Casino Hotel Las Vegas


We went on a Sunday morning. I would say that on average, the food was well-prepared and well-displayed. You will not find a lot of unusual foods like you would at the Bellagio buffet but the food is better than most that I have had.

The beverage service was good. The seafood was pretty decent, not spectacular. The dessert and pastries were top notch, some of the best that I have ever had at a buffet. They have a coffee bar in the dessert area that serves specialty coffee drinks. Also, wine and beer in included.

I can easily say that the food was 10x better than the Bellagio Brunch the following Sunday.

I really like the property. Unfortunately, its rooms are out of my price range (<$50/night). We spent an hour sitting in the pool area (which was closed).

=========

The Rio buffets offer locals a 50% discount and make us tourists pay the full ride - even those of us staying on property. No thanks.

==========

One of the better meals was at the Estiatorio Milos in the Cosmopolitan. They have a $20.12 lunch special. A bit pricy BUT a steal for fine dining with excellent service.

Estiatorio Milos, Las Vegas Greek Restaurant & Mediterranean Cuisine at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

=======

I cannot speak about the Plaza, but I like the Steakhouse at Binion's. located on the 24th floor.

Binion's Gambling Hall & Hotel: Steakhouse


I have other suggestions but most are in Chinatown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 PM
 
579 posts, read 332,724 times
Reputation: 371
Quote:
Also does anyone know if the Plaza still has that good upstairs restaurant that over looks Freemont street?
You are probably talking about Firefly. They closed and Oscar's, a steakhouse named after the former mayor, is in it's place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 04:57 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,927 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Reputation: 20648
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
I was there in late January.

First, The Studio B is not nearly that expensive. DFuring the week, dinner is $24; on weekends, the seafood buffet is $33-39 depending on the day.

Studio B Buffet | Restaurant Dining | The M Resort Spa Casino Hotel Las Vegas


We went on a Sunday morning. I would say that on average, the food was well-prepared and well-displayed. You will not find a lot of unusual foods like you would at the Bellagio buffet but the food is better than most that I have had.

The beverage service was good. The seafood was pretty decent, not spectacular. The dessert and pastries were top notch, some of the best that I have ever had at a buffet. They have a coffee bar in the dessert area that serves specialty coffee drinks. Also, wine and beer in included.

I can easily say that the food was 10x better than the Bellagio Brunch the following Sunday.

I really like the property. Unfortunately, its rooms are out of my price range (<$50/night). We spent an hour sitting in the pool area (which was closed).

=========

The Rio buffets offer locals a 50% discount and make us tourists pay the full ride - even those of us staying on property. No thanks.

==========

One of the better meals was at the Estiatorio Milos in the Cosmopolitan. They have a $20.12 lunch special. A bit pricy BUT a steal for fine dining with excellent service.

Estiatorio Milos, Las Vegas Greek Restaurant & Mediterranean Cuisine at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

=======

I cannot speak about the Plaza, but I like the Steakhouse at Binion's. located on the 24th floor.

Binion's Gambling Hall & Hotel: Steakhouse


I have other suggestions but most are in Chinatown.
Thanks food friend, this is the information I really needed. I think we will give it a try. We are staying at the Grandview Time share so M Resort is a good location for us, but some of the other ideas will work as well. Normally, when we spend a week at a time share in Vegas we cook our own meals about 75% of the time and try decent but not too pricey places the rest. If you have a suggestion for Chinese food we might want to give someplace a try. It is one of my very favorites.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,927 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Reputation: 20648
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
You are probably talking about Firefly. They closed and Oscar's, a steakhouse named after the former mayor, is in it's place.
That probably is the place. We ate there 2 or 3 times, the food was outstanding for the price but the service was awful. In fact all 3 times (yes, it was 3) we got the same waiter and all three times everyone around us were getting served faster and with more smiles. I think we will try someplace else..

Thanks again for the help.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 AM
 
833 posts, read 631,755 times
Reputation: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
That probably is the place. We ate there 2 or 3 times, the food was outstanding for the price but the service was awful. In fact all 3 times (yes, it was 3) we got the same waiter and all three times everyone around us were getting served faster and with more smiles. I think we will try someplace else..

Thanks again for the help.

Nita
I was thinking you were talking about Center Stage. Good food, terrific view. But that was years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Status: "Give just a little of yourself to others." (set 11 days ago)
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
48,927 posts, read 40,295,542 times
Reputation: 20648
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I was thinking you were talking about Center Stage. Good food, terrific view. But that was years ago.
again, that does sound like the place. It was of course upstairs and from the windows you could see above Freemont experience. We really enjoyed the view as much as the food. I believe it was just at the top of the excolators and slightly to the right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top