Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 04:35 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,474,424 times

Advertisements

You might enjoy Sweet Tomatoes, there are a couple of them here in town. Definately not high class vegan or fine dining, but lots of strictly vegan choices on their menu..

Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes : Family Friendly Salad Bar & Buffet

2080 West Rainbow Blvd and 9460 West Flamingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 04:39 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,286,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
This doctor at the Mayo Clinic disagrees: Olive oil: What are the health benefits? - MayoClinic.com
Who cares? I know you want to be right at all costs. But you aren't. Get over it. Also...when they did the olive oil study so long ago, the participants did not like the taste of the olive oil, so they subbed canola oil. So the studies showing olive oil as heart healthy, blah blah blah, should have shown canola oil. Canola oil has a light taste the study participants liked. It's still not good for you, but if you want it, like I said, drink up!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I make meatloaf with Lightlife Smart Ground. I make it the traditional way using oatmeal, onions, and catsup in the mix. I also add mushrooms. It comes out SO GOOD and makes good sandwiches the next day. It bakes in half the time as beef meatloaf and is not greasy.
It's basically the same thing, the recipe I did and the one you do. The only difference was I didn't have an onion on hand, so I subbed dehydrated onions and added chopped red bell pepper to it. I just had a sandwich with it for lunch today. I used boca burger crumbles, but next time I will use the Lightlife since we got it on sale at Smiths for $2.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
It's basically the same thing, the recipe I did and the one you do. The only difference was I didn't have an onion on hand, so I subbed dehydrated onions and added chopped red bell pepper to it. I just had a sandwich with it for lunch today. I used boca burger crumbles, but next time I will use the Lightlife since we got it on sale at Smiths for $2.
The Smart Ground has a better texture, IMO. It's a fine ground crumble. It's great as taco meat too

Old 04-23-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomMom View Post
You might enjoy Sweet Tomatoes, there are a couple of them here in town. Definately not high class vegan or fine dining, but lots of strictly vegan choices on their menu..

Souplantation & Sweet Tomatoes : Family Friendly Salad Bar & Buffet

2080 West Rainbow Blvd and 9460 West Flamingo
I love a salad bar!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I love a salad bar!
They got other stuff than salad too. I like Sweet Tomatoes but it is one of the places I have to go to with my girlfriends only. Mr. MM refuses to eat "rabbit food" and will give me the eyebawl roll if I mention that's where I want go, lol

Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM

I always have coupons for Sweet Tomatoes. If you sign up at their website, they send you discounted offers. And always a BOGO for your birthday meal.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Who cares? I know you want to be right at all costs. But you aren't. Get over it. Also...when they did the olive oil study so long ago, the participants did not like the taste of the olive oil, so they subbed canola oil. So the studies showing olive oil as heart healthy, blah blah blah, should have shown canola oil. Canola oil has a light taste the study participants liked. It's still not good for you, but if you want it, like I said, drink up!
I agree with everything you said!!!

Mayo Clinic vs. this doc from the Cleveland Clinic

NO OIL!!!

No Oil -- Not Even Olive Oil! - YouTube

Old 04-24-2012, 10:47 AM

553 posts, read 1,208,752 times
Vegan options exist not only at Wynn eateries but also at Encore. One of my favorite restaurants in town is La Cave at Encore. It has a nice menu of vegan and vegetarian options. It is a separate menu available upon request.

Some other sources for very good vegan meals:

Pura Vida on Western Avenue looks like a hole in the wall kind of place in a less than appetizing location, but Chef Myra makes some great dishes.

Red Velvet Cafe at Buffalo and Sahara is probably my current favorite place for vegan dining. Save room for the 150 calorie Red Velvet Cake desert. It's amazing.

Raw Cafe has a location in the Lakes and in Green Valley. I liked e Green Valley spot much better. The food seemed more fresh there. But sitting out at the little tables next to the lake is a plus for the Lakes location.

Rainbow's End is a health food type store on Sahara near but west of Maryland Pkwy. Although it is a carry out store, they also have a little dining room available. The menu is predominantly vegan. I have never had a bad meal there.

And just to show that an egg eating quasi vegan can find meals at almost any place, try the Mushroom, artichoke, and sundried tomato house hash at Hash House a Go Go. It's big enough for two, and delicious.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco6163 View Post
Vegan options exist not only at Wynn eateries but also at Encore. One of my favorite restaurants in town is La Cave at Encore. It has a nice menu of vegan and vegetarian options. It is a separate menu available upon request.

Some other sources for very good vegan meals:

Pura Vida on Western Avenue looks like a hole in the wall kind of place in a less than appetizing location, but Chef Myra makes some great dishes.

Red Velvet Cafe at Buffalo and Sahara is probably my current favorite place for vegan dining. Save room for the 150 calorie Red Velvet Cake desert. It's amazing.

Raw Cafe has a location in the Lakes and in Green Valley. I liked e Green Valley spot much better. The food seemed more fresh there. But sitting out at the little tables next to the lake is a plus for the Lakes location.

Rainbow's End is a health food type store on Sahara near but west of Maryland Pkwy. Although it is a carry out store, they also have a little dining room available. The menu is predominantly vegan. I have never had a bad meal there.

And just to show that an egg eating quasi vegan can find meals at almost any place, try the Mushroom, artichoke, and sundried tomato house hash at Hash House a Go Go. It's big enough for two, and delicious.
That's what I had at Hash House! It was SO YUMMM!!!

Thanks for the other suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas