U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2012, 09:03 AM
 
1,950 posts, read 1,470,578 times
Reputation: 2123

Advertisements

What about cheap take out food, when you just don't want to cook. (not hamburgers) When I just don't have it in me to cook, I usually send my son out to Pollo Tropical, where you can get a quarter chicken (dark meat) with rice and beans for $3.99. (breast is $1.00 more) A Kentucky Fried Chicken dinner or a Boston Market meal on the other hand costs $6 to $7.00. I know you have Pollo Loco there, but last time I was in Phoenix their prices really jumped.

Any place you can pick up something for $5.00 or $6.00 there for those all to frequent nights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM
 
18,868 posts, read 15,615,720 times
Reputation: 24885
Well...it is not a buffet, but you can't go wrong on the food at the diner in the little local casino on Boulder Highway..Joker's Wild. Pretty good food, decent price. Try the prime rib, end cut with a baked potato, salad, huge meal for less than ten bucks. I take home leftovers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
49,563 posts, read 41,587,161 times
Reputation: 21204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Well...it is not a buffet, but you can't go wrong on the food at the diner in the little local casino on Boulder Highway..Joker's Wild. Pretty good food, decent price. Try the prime rib, end cut with a baked potato, salad, huge meal for less than ten bucks. I take home leftovers.
I often wonder why so many of us are so inthrawed with buffets anyway? Most of the food, at a cheap buffet tastes the same, trying to get a rare piece of meat is almost impossible and how often is the hot food really hot unless it has just come from the kitchen, plus, as you said, find a decent and yet inexpensive sit down meal and you often have a little to bring home.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
 
9,395 posts, read 11,528,959 times
Reputation: 9320
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I often wonder why so many of us are so inthrawed with buffets anyway? Most of the food, at a cheap buffet tastes the same, trying to get a rare piece of meat is almost impossible and how often is the hot food really hot unless it has just come from the kitchen, plus, as you said, find a decent and yet inexpensive sit down meal and you often have a little to bring home.

Nita

Now that I am over the hill and almost satisfied with a single plate of food, I am steering away from the buffets.

OTOH, I do like to try 15-20 tastes of "different" foods which you will NEVER get in a standard restaurant.

Also, I hate to go into an ethnic restaurant and order an entree just to find out three bites into the meal that I do not like it. For example, 4 oz of menudo was enough of a taste to decide that I really dislike tripe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 05:59 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
49,563 posts, read 41,587,161 times
Reputation: 21204
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Now that I am over the hill and almost satisfied with a single plate of food, I am steering away from the buffets.

OTOH, I do like to try 15-20 tastes of "different" foods which you will NEVER get in a standard restaurant.

Also, I hate to go into an ethnic restaurant and order an entree just to find out three bites into the meal that I do not like it. For example, 4 oz of menudo was enough of a taste to decide that I really dislike tripe.
Like you, we rarely go to buffets anymore but buffets and Vegas go hand in hand. There was a we loved them, I still like the variety of foods but we just don't eat as much since we too, are certainly past the middle years. Hubby could easily eat 3 plates of food back in the used to be days and I would eat 2. Today, we may hit the tables a couple of times but we don't eat all that much.

We will leave the all you can eat to those who can eat... but if we do go to a buffet we want it to be memorable. I am so wanting to try the Sterling brunch at Bally's but the price is blowing my mind.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Olympus Mons, Mars
2,876 posts, read 4,436,478 times
Reputation: 2214
I believe the Rio buffet is over $30 with tax which is by no means CHEAP!!! The 1/2 price is only for locals. For $30 I found the Rio buffet to be not worth it. Most of the offerings were horribly bland, the crab legs are just boiled and chilled with no seasoning whatsoever - at least that is how they were when I was there, simply disgusting.

I recall the Wynn buffet being $5-10 more and it was much better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
49,563 posts, read 41,587,161 times
Reputation: 21204
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I believe the Rio buffet is over $30 with tax which is by no means CHEAP!!! The 1/2 price is only for locals. For $30 I found the Rio buffet to be not worth it. Most of the offerings were horribly bland, the crab legs are just boiled and chilled with no seasoning whatsoever - at least that is how they were when I was there, simply disgusting.

I recall the Wynn buffet being $5-10 more and it was much better!
Wynn buffet if you are talking Sunday brunch, it is $60.00, that is quite a bit higher, but I agree, $30 for Rio is way out of cheap!!!

As I have ssid, I don't mind paying for true quality, but it better be worth it. I just went lunch with my daughter, she was taking me for my birthday which was about 2 weeks ago. It was a wonderful restaurant, no complaints but not worth the price. She and I both agreed. In fact we were talking about buffets, eating out in general and the pricing. Being we both love to cook we agree it is more fun to eat at home, enjoy a couple of glasses of wine on the deck for maybe $3 each instead of $8 and the only draw back is having to clean up.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM
 
44 posts, read 70,563 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
We love Fiesta Henderson.. Especially my Grandson who LOVES the Crawfish.. And I am not into spending a ton on a buffett just to have it go away later.... If ya catch my drift....
You said it right.

Lunch is $5.99 (Monday-Saturday), and Dinner is $7.99 (7 days a week). Boarding pass is FREE to obtain.

Las Vegas Buffet - Festival Buffet - Fiesta Henderson Hotel Casino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:22 PM
 
44 posts, read 70,563 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
10 is the cheapest buffet in vegas, wow.
Some is only $7.99 or less, like Fiesto Rancho, so shop around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top