U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM

725 posts, read 909,871 times

Advertisements

I am going to be moving to Las Vegas soon. I was not originally considering North Las Vegas but looked at Ardiente and really liked it. I did some research on North Las Vegas and am concerned that it seems to have a high crime rate. Is anyone familiar with Ardiente and the surrounding area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:55 AM

1,009 posts, read 3,748,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
research on North Las Vegas
Related LVRJ editorial.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM

725 posts, read 909,871 times
Thanks for the response. I have read about the North Las Vegas financial problems. I am unsure how to factor that into my decision. I know that their problems are worse than most but it seems like many cities are having problems that will hopefully get better when the economy improves. I currently live in California and the whole state is probably as bad as North Las Vegas.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 PM

12,686 posts, read 33,169,865 times
I haven't looked in Ardiente specifically, but in looking at the location on the map I'd be very leery of future resale, etc. Since it's new it may be a nice community but it is too close to not so nice parts of NLV IMHO. Also, I imagine you'd have a lot of jet noise from Nellis AFB. It looks like it's pretty far from most of the better shopping in town too.

Disclaimer: Most of the high crime is in old North Las Vegas, and the new parts to the north I intellectually realize are pretty nice; but having been here for 48 years I still tend to think of North Town as trailer parks and junk yards.

I think, but am not sure, that Tortoise is trying to tell you that police "protection" (if such a thing exists) in NLV may suffer due to lack of funds. They are talking to the Clark County Metropolitan Police about combining some services. I wouldn't worry about that.

Old 04-26-2012, 12:58 AM

10,340 posts, read 23,039,449 times
I agree with Buzz about how close Ardiente is to the bad area's. I think it's a very nice community, just put in the wrong area. Newopty I sent you a private message about it.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM

18 posts, read 111,659 times
I live in Ardiente and have for 4 years, and my husband and I love it! We feel very safe (guard gated community, 24 hours a day), and jet noise isn't a problem. I had worse noise from police helicopters in fancy Sherman Oaks, California! Lots of retired police and military live here, and everyone is really nice and looks out for each other. There COULD be more upscale shopping, but all the big chains are near by (Smiths, Kohls, Walmart, Michaels, Home Depot, Sams Club etc) and there COULD be more good quality restaurants. But we feel the community will continue to build, especially with the new Veterans Hospital near by.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 5,641 times
I like what I've seen at Ardiente. I think it's a community that fits our needs. I also like the idea of solar panels on the new houses. The problem I have with Ardiente is it's in a bad location. I still think it's a place I'd consider and being gated and guarded is a plus. I like the idea of the VA Hospital close by. I trained at the VA Martinez, CA... I'd look forward to volunteering at a VA Hospital... might even consider working there part time. The discussions here are very helpful and I'm grateful for any information I can use toward our retirement home decisions.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 AM

13,606 posts, read 11,120,528 times
I've lived in North Las Vegas for a long time. We have our issues, especially with funding right now. It would be a shame if we lost NLVPD to Metro because NLV cops are by far the most professional force we have in the valley.

We could definitely use more restaurants in the area, but the regular shopping is fine, and with the freeways you can be in Boca Park or other upscale shopping centers in less than twenty-five minutes.

There are very nice parks and walking trails in Eldorado and Aliante. I'm not familiar with Ardiente, unfortunately, so not much help there.

The old golf course on Craig is being turned into a park that should be pretty nice. I think they plan on having an amphitheater, dog park, and softball fields there.

I haven't had any experience with crime to speak of, but there are parts of NLV that I'd avoid. Mostly in the older areas. The general rule over here is to stay north of Craig and west of I-15.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:42 PM

36 posts, read 56,815 times
CrimeMapping.com - National Map

If you want to know about the location and types of crime in Clark County Nevada, check the above site.

Ardiente' is a guard gated community and as has been said, many of the residents are retired police and military. Ardiente' is about 1 mile south of the VA Hospital and 5 miles NW of Nellis AFB. Shea Homes is very supportive of Veterans. The sound of the jets flying over seemed louder to me when I was living in Alliante', than when I was living in Ardiente'. However, your mileage may vary.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:53 AM

75 posts, read 54,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliph View Post
CrimeMapping.com - National Map

If you want to know about the location and types of crime in Clark County Nevada, check the above site.

Ardiente' is a guard gated community and as has been said, many of the residents are retired police and military. Ardiente' is about 1 mile south of the VA Hospital and 5 miles NW of Nellis AFB. Shea Homes is very supportive of Veterans. The sound of the jets flying over seemed louder to me when I was living in Alliante', than when I was living in Ardiente'. However, your mileage may vary.
I would hazard a guess why the planes sounded louder in one location versus the location that is closer to the base is because the homes in Ardiente are probably better insulated, perhaps had better builders. Or maybe it just seemed louder in your recollections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas