Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2012 View Post
Appreciate all above responses.

So, I can (1) file complaint with the BBB. (2) file complaint with GLVAR, Dept of State, division of RE licensing (3) go to the Commissioner (4) file a complaint with the Nevada Dept of real estate.

I will google to find those places. If any of you know the contact info, I will be very grateful. By the way, what's the full name of the Commissioner?

Many thanks.
There are three possible responses...

Nevada RED on Sahara just east of the strip. They will generally talk to a consumer as to whether any violation has occurred. Big teeth...small resource.

GLVAR Sahara east of strip. - if the property manager is a realtor and member they can arbitrate. Perhaps the best course as the old ladies who dominate this process have seen it all. They will not however provide a big payoff because your cause is good.

Small claims court - If you can prove damage and the property management agreement does not fully protect the PM. (Lots of luck).

If uncomfortable talk to an RE attorney...but don't sue. There is no way to avoid paying more money then you can win. You can however get a consult and advice on how to proceed. ($200 +-$50.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 03:13 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
If uncomfortable talk to an RE attorney...but don't sue. There is no way to avoid paying more money then you can win. You can however get a consult and advice on how to proceed. ($200 +-$50.)
Free consult here:

Half Price Lawyers

330 East Charleston Blvd. #100 Las Vegas, NV 89104

Old 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2012 View Post
Appreciate all above responses.

So, I can (1) file complaint with the BBB. (2) file complaint with GLVAR, Dept of State, division of RE licensing (3) go to the Commissioner (4) file a complaint with the Nevada Dept of real estate.

I will google to find those places. If any of you know the contact info, I will be very grateful. By the way, what's the full name of the Commissioner?

Many thanks.
Click on the site I posted for the Nevada Real Estate Commission. It's all there but you gotta find it yourself. Here it is again: http://www.red.state.nv.us/

I seriously doubt the BBB can help, but you can ask. To the BBB if you're a member you can do no wrong. If you aren't a member just getting out of bed was wrong. It's the way they blackmail businesses into joining.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:05 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
My experience with the BBB in past matters is that they make excuses for their paid members rather than helping consumers. They are a worthless organization in my book.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 940 times
Can I hold my rent till the management company fixes what they are supposed to fix on the house. They have not fixed anything since we moved in 8 months ago.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:18 PM

561 posts, read 681,365 times
1. Start your own thread. This one is 3 years old.
2. Not nearly enough information. Some repairs you can withhold rent for, if you've given the landlord written notice of the problems and they have not fixed the issue within a reasonable time period. Some repairs you can't.

Old 03-16-2017, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 672 times
I need to report a property manager who owns the property how would i do that ?

Old 03-16-2017, 02:36 PM

14 posts, read 16,731 times
The question here would be what did the property manager do wrong? What is thier liability?

Looks like the only thing that they did wrong was to not collect the 2nd month deposit, though if that was in the lease agreement that you signed or agreed to....then where was thier liability?

The tenets screwed you....go after them. Not only did they damage the property, but also broke the lease and failed to pay the rent.

Old 03-16-2017, 03:14 PM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times
Capt,

You do realize the post your responding to was from today, but the problem your getting from the initial post is five years old. And the two post are from different posters.

VMOODY never said what the problem was the problem was.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:31 PM

14 posts, read 16,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Capt,

You do realize the post your responding to was from today, but the problem your getting from the initial post is five years old. And the two post are from different posters.

VMOODY never said what the problem was the problem was.
LOL...DOH! Thats what I get for just looking at the most recent activity :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: