U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 2,468,132 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
I don't even play blackjack but I do have enough sense to realize that what one player does in no way effects the probability of another player winning or losing. Is that clear enough for you genius? What was really priceless was your condescending tone to log who was only trying to help you not look like a complete moron to other players (who know better).
You said it all in your first sentence.

I bet you like to argue with STOP signs as well.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 2,468,132 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
If there are some out there still unconvinced try these

Common Blackjack Myths

Solve the Riddle of the Dealer's Bust Card

A-holes and morons who play blackjack - Sir Sidney Fudd - Open Salon

Gambling: BJ Superstitions?, bust cards, bust card

TABLE TALK: Blackjack and false memory syndrome - Columns - Casino Journal

When the light finally comes on in your head you can stop looking like such an a-hole to those who do understand junior high probability.
As I have stated already, nothing is a certainty. You guys are the ones really blowing a gasket just because I quote basic blackjack strategy. Sheesh, you guys really need therapy.

So with that, I'll let you think about 2 questions:

1. Why do you think basic blackjack strategy was created?

2. How do you explain the chart and when specifically to hit, split, stay, double down?

I'll hang up while you guys figure that one!! Since you guys are such geniuses, it shouldn't take too long.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 09:44 PM
 
191 posts, read 204,857 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
As I have stated already, nothing is a certainty. You guys are the ones really blowing a gasket just because I quote basic blackjack strategy. Sheesh, you guys really need therapy.

So with that, I'll let you think about 2 questions:

1. Why do you think basic blackjack strategy was created?

2. How do you explain the chart and when specifically to hit, split, stay, double down?

I'll hang up while you guys figure that one!! Since you guys are such geniuses, it shouldn't take too long.

lol, ok troll I'll play.

1. To minimize the house edge over the player
2. The chart is just a quick reference for how to play basic strategy.

I'm not sure what your point is but if you thought your questions say anything at all about "stealing a bust card" you are simply wrong. Did you read any of the links I posted?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 PM
 
2,937 posts, read 1,892,008 times
Reputation: 2242
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
lol, ok troll I'll play.

1. To minimize the house edge over the player
2. The chart is just a quick reference for how to play basic strategy.

I'm not sure what your point is but if you thought your questions say anything at all about "stealing a bust card" you are simply wrong. Did you read any of the links I posted?
Of course he didn't read them. He's remaining willfully ignorant so that he can change the topic to the merits of basic strategy. Unfortunately, he missed his own point about the stupid superstition of leaving a table because a newbie makes a bad play. It's so transparent, it's sad.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 2,468,132 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdaq View Post
lol, ok troll I'll play.

1. To minimize the house edge over the player
2. The chart is just a quick reference for how to play basic strategy.

I'm not sure what your point is but if you thought your questions say anything at all about "stealing a bust card" you are simply wrong. Did you read any of the links I posted?
I read them all and the same theme appeared in all of them. Those are opinions that they have and it is fine but there is a big difference between opinions and facts.

I'm not going to say what they say is wrong but I just don't subscribe to their conclusions. They based their conclusions on their own probability which is the more likely scenario why strategy cards were created but as I have stated before no one way is a certainty whether one uses basic strategy or not. If somebody knew a way to beat the game then we wouldn't be having this crazy argument.

I choose to play basic strategy when I play sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I based my experiences on what I have seen in casinos here and in Atlantic City. If you guys have a problem with that then I'm going to quote Tommy Lee Jones in The Fugitive "I don't care".

As I said before, enjoy what suits you. One thing that is certain is that is you'll be right 50% of the time and you'll be wrong 50% of the time.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 11:12 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 2,468,132 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Of course he didn't read them. He's remaining willfully ignorant so that he can change the topic to the merits of basic strategy. Unfortunately, he missed his own point about the stupid superstition of leaving a table because a newbie makes a bad play. It's so transparent, it's sad.
You believe what you want, if it makes you feel better so be it.

So who should I believe, someone who forms an opinion which is no different than one who posts that Vegas is nothing more than drugs and hookers?

OR, should I believe what someone who knows the game in and out, has won multiple blackjack tournaments here and is currently a dealer here in town who has seen everything I described and then some????

Choose what you want, I choose the latter!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 11:47 PM
 
2,937 posts, read 1,892,008 times
Reputation: 2242
I'll choose math. It's not a belief. It's not an opinion. It's basic math. Leaving the table makes no sense and is only done by superstitious rubes who don't know anything about statistics. You keep deflecting the main issue by trying to twist it, but that's to be expected when you're losing a simple argument.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 2,468,132 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
I'll choose math. It's not a belief. It's not an opinion. It's basic math. Leaving the table makes no sense and is only done by superstitious rubes who don't know anything about statistics. You keep deflecting the main issue by trying to twist it, but that's to be expected when you're losing a simple argument.
You have your math and I have my math. Believe what you want to believe.

Have a good one!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 12:05 AM
 
3,876 posts, read 2,176,791 times
Reputation: 1958
BJ basic strategy does not change based on what seat you're in. What other people do at a table does not affect basic strategy. (Before anyone goes nuts on my basic strategy and counting are separate issues. What someone else does will affect the count, but not how the cards are played.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
As I have stated already, nothing is a certainty. You guys are the ones really blowing a gasket just because I quote basic blackjack strategy. Sheesh, you guys really need therapy.

So with that, I'll let you think about 2 questions:

1. Why do you think basic blackjack strategy was created?

2. How do you explain the chart and when specifically to hit, split, stay, double down?

I'll hang up while you guys figure that one!! Since you guys are such geniuses, it shouldn't take too long.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2012, 01:26 AM
 
Location: In the Silver State of Nevada in Las Vegas NV
791 posts, read 667,764 times
Reputation: 600
Back on topic best casino for locals or anyone else where ever I win lol. Many people especially tourist get taken in by the advertising teasers in casinos like 98% win and etc plus they see the many winners pictured in casinos and do not realize when they win on slots especially VP they are playing $5.00 machines and up. Sure someone lights up a big jackpot on a lower machine once in a while but that is being at the right machine at the right time.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top