Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 PM

687 posts, read 1,945,220 times

Advertisements

I'm about to have my house painted. The painter pointed out areas on the stucco where the mesh is showing and some other imperfections that he won't repair. Can anyone recommend someone who does stucco repair and patching, so I could have these areas taken care of prior to painting? Appreciate it.

Croce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croce View Post
I'm about to have my house painted. The painter pointed out areas on the stucco where the mesh is showing and some other imperfections that he won't repair. Can anyone recommend someone who does stucco repair and patching, so I could have these areas taken care of prior to painting? Appreciate it.

Croce
Get a new painter. Unless this is whole side of house any good painter will fix or has a sub contractor to fix such issues.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:01 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times
I had some stucco repaired a couple years back. I had one guy I found on Craigslist come out and do a terrible job. The texture wasn't even remotely close. It was also drinking a beer when he showed up and while he worked (no joke!).

I had another guy come out and re-do the damage and he did a good job. It's not 100% perfect, but came out very close. He is a painter also, so I am surprised your painter doesn't already do stucco or have a recommendation.

The guy I used (and liked) was:

Mike La Russo
Nevada Repair Co.
702-287-6740
paintingetclv@hotmail.com
Nv Lic #67627

Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Get a new painter. Unless this is whole side of house any good painter will fix or has a sub contractor to fix such issues.
You took the words right out of my word processor. If he won't do that I wouldn't trust his painting ability. It should be part of the deal.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:45 AM

687 posts, read 1,945,220 times
Thanks a lot will follow up on these recommendations.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,982 times
I also have someone decent, a tad on the high priced side, but he did a great job in my backyard

Jonathan

Old 05-11-2012, 08:11 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
If it were me, I would just do it myself. Stucco repair is pretty simple. The guys at Home Depot can tell you what to do; they might even offer saturday AM classes on it.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:16 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
If it were me, I would just do it myself. Stucco repair is pretty simple. The guys at Home Depot can tell you what to do; they might even offer saturday AM classes on it.
I was going to say this. When I was still living with my parents, the last house we lived in was stucco (kind of a rare thing in my hometown in Iowa) and one summer when I was a teen I helped my dad fix some spots. It wasn't hard and all these years later I think I could still do it. He was a good teacher since he grew up with his dad who built houses for a living and did a lot of stucco in the past.

A quick search on You Tube shows there are a ton of videos on the subject, just type in "how to repair stucco."

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times
I tried, IMO much more difficult than it looks. Sure, you can cover it in cement no problem, but getting the texture right takes experience. I tried several methods and nothing came out remotely close.

The guy who came out and did mine said all the homes nowadays are stucco textured with a machine, which is why it is difficult to match by hand. He did a pretty good job though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas