U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2012, 09:27 AM

734 posts, read 1,037,288 times
Default Container Store hiring

For those looking for work:

I know nothing about the company or the work environment there, but the Container Store opens this weekend in Town Square (where Borders used to be), and it's hiring.

The Container Store > Store Locations in Nevada > Las Vegas
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM

3,731 posts, read 5,709,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
For those looking for work:

I know nothing about the company or the work environment there, but the Container Store opens this weekend in Town Square (where Borders used to be), and it's hiring.

The Container Store > Store Locations in Nevada > Las Vegas
So long as they keep the prices down on stuff it will last here in town. I remember Organized Living when the store was in the Best of the West shopping plaza (Rainbow/W Lake Mead), they were there a few years and prices for containers and storage stuff become outrageously overpriced there; compared to the new Wally World Supercenters that were starting to open around the valley.

I think the plan for this company is to open several locations around the valley, so its a good thing, especially for the jobs it will create. Thanks for posting the news here!

Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM

11,397 posts, read 19,760,756 times
My wife has been counting the days. She loves that store. Actually, I kinda do too since I'm a gadget freak. Looks like a fun place to work too.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 PM

8,791 posts, read 14,916,022 times
They seem to only want the really young bubbly type people. They need to hire a few older workers to even it out. But they won't.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:25 PM

734 posts, read 1,037,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
They seem to only want the really young bubbly type people. They need to hire a few older workers to even it out. But they won't.
The ad says they're looking for "neat people." I know a few of us "older workers" who might fit into that category.

But you're probably right. I'm going to check it out - as a shopper, not as a prospective worker - this weekend.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,356,554 times
The meaning of life is to find a place to put your stuff...

George Carlin Talks About "Stuff" - YouTube

Old 05-11-2012, 11:57 PM

719 posts, read 796,193 times
My Las Vegas existence is now complete. I L.O.V.E. that store!

Old 05-12-2012, 02:10 AM

547 posts, read 466,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My wife has been counting the days. She loves that store. Actually, I kinda do too since I'm a gadget freak. Looks like a fun place to work too.
+1

It's a dangerous store to go to. It lets you organize space for stuff you haven't even bought yet!

(What a marvelous store it is!)

Old 05-12-2012, 03:49 AM

13,953 posts, read 16,892,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
The meaning of life is to find a place to put your stuff...

George Carlin Talks About "Stuff" - YouTube

One of my favorite Carlin routines...

Stores like this are popular with people who are trying to organize their "stuff", not always successfully.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:54 PM

8,791 posts, read 14,916,022 times
And for people like me, I actually own more than 5 "Get Organized" books and I'm still not organized. What I really need is not stuff from the container store, but less stuff to put in things. I am finally at a point in my life where I do not need to hang on to everything anymore like my younger years. Less is best. I just don't quite know how to get to that point yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas