Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:55 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

It is, of course, a lucrative source of revenue.
And revenue is good....it keeps our taxes down.....Nevada is a great "pay for what you use" state lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 11:32 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
The radar speed cameras in Scottsdale apparently do nothing good. The speed in that area is apparently not a safety hazard.
"That area"? The only place Scottsdale uses the speed cameras is on the 101 and where they have cited / jailed drivers for doing over 110 mph -

Slowing people down "does good" -

Old 09-23-2007, 07:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
"That area"? The only place Scottsdale uses the speed cameras is on the 101 and where they have cited / jailed drivers for doing over 110 mph -

Slowing people down "does good" -
My understanding is that in terms of accident statistics it does not. On the safety front 110 is not a problem unless you hit someone. Apparently they don't...or at least not very often.

It also appears the cameras work less than half the time. Want to bet that it is the 110 guy who gets away?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
My understanding is that in terms of accident statistics it does not. On the safety front 110 is not a problem unless you hit someone. Apparently they don't...or at least not very often.

It also appears the cameras work less than half the time.
The 110 guy went to jail

And, honestly, I don't know where you are getting your information but, the cameras are working and working.

They were turned on, used for, I think 9 months as a test. Then they were shut off during the evaluaton of the results. Due to the positive results from the 9 month test, they were turned back on and are in full active use -

The freeway program has now been expanded to a section of highway just outside of Prescott, AZ - where there has been a lot of speed related incidents -

The cameras are working Capt - and, they are slowing people down. Those that don't slow down are learning the hard way - and, as I noted, some are even going to jail - 21+ MPH over the speed limit is considered "reckless endangerment" and can be treated as a felony - and, is

Old 09-23-2007, 09:39 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The 110 guy went to jail

And, honestly, I don't know where you are getting your information but, the cameras are working and working.

They were turned on, used for, I think 9 months as a test. Then they were shut off during the evaluaton of the results. Due to the positive results from the 9 month test, they were turned back on and are in full active use -

The freeway program has now been expanded to a section of highway just outside of Prescott, AZ - where there has been a lot of speed related incidents -

The cameras are working Capt - and, they are slowing people down. Those that don't slow down are learning the hard way - and, as I noted, some are even going to jail - 21+ MPH over the speed limit is considered "reckless endangerment" and can be treated as a felony - and, is

GD you duck with such skill. Where is the report that it lowers accidents or fatalities on the freeway? I would love it to be true. But it apparently is not.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
GD you duck with such skill. Where is the report that it lowers accidents or fatalities on the freeway? I would love it to be true. But it apparently is not.
I don't know where the "report" is? Did I say there was such a report as you describe? Let me answer for you - No, I did not

BUT, the cameras ARE slowing people down - those that do exceed the speed limit are being cited. AND, there are cases where some even go to jail -

Hey, speed kills Capt - that is about proven nationwide (or, do you disagree with that concept too?)

AND, the cameras keep taking pictures of them law breakers Capt - and they are coming to NLV and other Nevada towns -

Enjoy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas