U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 05:16 AM

23 posts, read 24,505 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, long time lurker here and uh.. I think I've finally gathered the courage to ask this: My family and I own a house in southeast Las Vegas - it's pretty large (~3200sqft) and we're asking $1800 for it right now. However, it's been difficult to find a tenant! We tried a property manager and that didn't lead to anything except wasted money. I've also tried listing on my own, but that didn't lead to much either.

The house is really nice though, and the price seems somewhat reasonable - one just like it rented out last week for $200 more and although it had a pool, it was not as nice inside. I could really use some advice ^_^ we do have some furniture in the house,but it's kinda difficult to put that in storage when you have no idea where you'll find a tenant.

Thanks ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 AM

11,978 posts, read 23,469,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OoTLink View Post
Hi guys, long time lurker here and uh.. I think I've finally gathered the courage to ask this: My family and I own a house in southeast Las Vegas - it's pretty large (~3200sqft) and we're asking $1800 for it right now. However, it's been difficult to find a tenant! We tried a property manager and that didn't lead to anything except wasted money. I've also tried listing on my own, but that didn't lead to much either.

The house is really nice though, and the price seems somewhat reasonable - one just like it rented out last week for $200 more and although it had a pool, it was not as nice inside. I could really use some advice ^_^ we do have some furniture in the house,but it's kinda difficult to put that in storage when you have no idea where you'll find a tenant.

Thanks ^_^
For the southeast, you are too high without a pool. Depending on the area, no more than $1500. Are you local? And get the furniture out!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:47 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,733,888 times
Quote:

Thanks ^_^
Have it listed in the MLS? Should be in that price range. I would also be coming down a hundred a month or more until it rents.

There are places in the SE where you can easily get 1800...though Airics is right in much of the area.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,989,552 times
SE is a big area, you need to be specific where your house is, like what street and cross street. Property values differs in just a few blocks.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:32 AM

13,612 posts, read 10,250,134 times
That's a high rent. I pay less than that for my mortgage. Granted, it's not 3000 square feet, but I do have a pool.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM

366 posts, read 1,092,746 times
Way too high! I rent a 6 br 3800 sq ft home with a huge pool an spa in Coronado ranch for $1800

Old 06-01-2012, 03:47 PM

23 posts, read 24,505 times
Congratulations Joe, that sounds like you got a fantastic deal. If you can show me some similar listings in your area I'd love to see them. I promise I'm not being sarcastic lol.

Anyway, the house is in Silverado Ranch.

Thanks again

Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 PM

2,531 posts, read 4,078,075 times
The rental market is saturated right now. Just look at the plethora of listings on CL. The banks stopped foreclosing... people are living "rent free" at the moment.

Old 06-01-2012, 06:32 PM

46 posts, read 65,415 times
Quote:

Thanks ^_^

The rental market is saturated with homes and condos. I use to have a house in Centenninal Hill Area. At the first round, it took me 3 months to find a renter. The house was only 1500 square feet. Then the tenant moved out causing extensive damage. I don't have the money to repair it. So it's in a short sell process.

Old 06-01-2012, 09:37 PM

121 posts, read 229,042 times
See my previous post for more info covered on this topic

Vegas Rental Market Is In Trouble... Saturation Point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas