Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 02:29 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times

Advertisements

We do not bid online, as there are extra fees associated with that. As I said, we are resellers, so every percentage point counts. We are tax-exempt, but pay the 10% buyers' premium. I can't remember the exact percent they charge for online bidding convenience, but it's worth it for us to go see the items in person and bid while there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 07:29 PM

24 posts, read 33,443 times
Check out furniture2go.com. I have furnished my apartment using them and I can attest this place knows their stuff. You place an order, and they deliver the goods to your doorstep. Get this - you don't pay a single penny until you decide to keep the goods after you have inspected it at your residence. They take no credit cards, deposits, etc. free delivery, and BBB rating of an A. Check them out.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 AM

371 posts, read 940,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderman View Post
We go to Nellis Auction (on Nellis between Lake Mead and Carey) every Saturday. Furniture is ridiculously cheap. Full living rooms for a few hundred bucks, appliances for $100, etc. We are resellers, and don't buy the furniture, but are amazed at how little it sells for. It get arduous, as we normally only bid on 20-30 items there and there are usually 1000 lots or so, but it's a great place to furnish as house. Last Saturday there was a beautiful brand new leather sectional that sold for $300. Much of the furniture is used and somewhat dated, but there are often new items there as well. Definitely a place to check out if you're new here and need items for the home (just don't bid against me on the things I want)

oh god I saw this post late! it's Sunday morning now! I want to get an idea of how much this house's furniture worth. Might put an offer on it when my family gets here. but will definitely check it out thank!

Old 12-23-2013, 08:17 AM

461 posts, read 666,783 times
Quote:
We do not bid online, as there are extra fees associated with that. As I said, we are resellers, so every percentage point counts. We are tax-exempt, but pay the 10% buyers' premium. I can't remember the exact percent they charge for online bidding convenience, but it's worth it for us to go see the items in person and bid while there.
I went to the preview on Friday and didn't see anything screaming "bid on me", however, I do like trolling for hidden treasures. If you were there do you remember how much the burgundy sofa set sold for?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:35 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,784,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvette8 View Post
I went to the preview on Friday and didn't see anything screaming "bid on me", however, I do like trolling for hidden treasures. If you were there do you remember how much the burgundy sofa set sold for?
We skipped this week. Too much inventory to list and I wouldn't have had time to list new merch. We got a shipment in from one of our clients back East, so I've been sorting that for the past week or so, plus picked up a few clients from our CL ad locally. I'm swamped! LOL

We will be there this Friday/Saturday, though. You never know what you'll find, especially furniture. I only buy the smalls, so won't bid against ya

Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 AM

461 posts, read 666,783 times
Quote:
We will be there this Friday/Saturday, though. You never know what you'll find, especially furniture. I only buy the smalls, so won't bid against ya
I thought the auction would be closed this weekend for Xmas break. I can see myself becoming a regular though 😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas