U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM

2,548 posts, read 4,265,798 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can buy Lavazza coffee locally? This is for an espresso machine; I'm looking for Super Crema and Pienaroma (whole bean).

I normally buy this online, but my shipment is still a few days out, and we just ran out this morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 12:02 PM

7,289 posts, read 5,528,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Anyone know where I can buy Lavazza coffee locally? This is for an espresso machine; I'm looking for Super Crema and Pienaroma (whole bean).

I normally buy this online, but my shipment is still a few days out, and we just ran out this morning.
I know that International Marketplace sells Cafe Illy. And I think I've seen Lavazza there as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Thanks, I've never been there, this will be a good excuse to go.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I've never been there, this will be a good excuse to go.
They're a "membership" store. If all you're buying is a tin of coffee, no need to pay the $10. The coffee will cost 10% more. But that's less than a dollar. If while looking around you say to yourself, "Oh, I have found me a new hobby," buy the membership.

I've never spent less than a C-note in that place.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:18 PM

517 posts, read 955,874 times
they serve it at LaPresse in the Palazzo if you're craving a cup

Old 06-18-2012, 02:30 PM

1,939 posts, read 1,460,728 times
Wallmart carries it, but not in the whole bean, It is ground. At least they do in Florida and I think I saw it in Phoenix as well.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM

478 posts, read 508,589 times
If you don't find it in a local store, there are numerous places online that sell it.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:19 PM

I picked up a bag of Lavazza Super Crema at International Marketplace. I think it was about $31 per kg including tax. That's quite a bit more than the $20.69 it's on sale for at wholelattelove.com right now, with free shipping.

They had a nice selection of canned tomatoes there. I might have to try out the different brands. Also noticed that they were selling some prepared Pomi pasta sauces past their "Best by" dates, and had covered up the dates with a sticker. We picked them up but then put them back on the shelf.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:36 AM

Quote:
I picked up a bag of Lavazza Super Crema at International Marketplace. I think it was about $31 per kg including tax. That's quite a bit more than the $20.69 it's on sale for at wholelattelove.com right now, with free shipping.

They had a nice selection of canned tomatoes there. I might have to try out the different brands. Also noticed that they were selling some prepared Pomi pasta sauces past their "Best by" dates, and had covered up the dates with a sticker. We picked them up but then put them back on the shelf.
Yeah, they do that sort of thing. They'll also sell freezer-burnt crab and lamb. If you can find my market guide thread, it's mentioned there.

I use my better judgement when I see those orange stickers. I swear by the cans of San Marzano DOP they sell, though. And you can't beat their tins of olive oil. Just have to look for "first cold press."

Old 06-19-2012, 12:15 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,503,213 times
Quote:

Can't help - but have you considered roasting your own coffee beans for espresso? I've found I get much better flavors extracted from single origin home-roast than from Lavazza. It is all personal taste, but I prefer micro-lots from Yemen, Ethiopia and Costa Rica, and home roasting is less expensive (all you need is a thrift-store used hot air popcorn popper; unroasted or "green" beans are available from several sources on the internet for about $6 to $8/pound).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas