U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-24-2012, 08:05 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,138 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Reputation: 1487
Question Free-standing townhomes in Henderson?

Hi All,
I was wondering if free-standing townhomes can be easily found in good areas of Henderson? If not- Can single family homes be found where you aren't responsible for your front yard maintenance as that is covered by your HOA?

Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-24-2012, 08:15 PM
 
Location: In my house
8,762 posts, read 14,274,834 times
Reputation: 5313
The only place I ever found free-standing Townhomes was in St.George, Utah. Except we had to do yard upkeep.
Your best bet would be in a townhome with less units per building, like where I live. 3 to a building. They have the same style all over the valley, and some in Henderson and near Henderson on the East side. Just look for the D.R.Horton one's. They are the same style with a few variations on the inside and some have balconies off of the master bedroom. You will not do any front yard maintenance, but you would have to keep up your small back yard, or if you are in the smallest floor plan, you won't have a yard, just a tiny balcony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 09:04 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,138 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Reputation: 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The only place I ever found free-standing Townhomes was in St.George, Utah. Except we had to do yard upkeep.
Your best bet would be in a townhome with less units per building, like where I live. 3 to a building. They have the same style all over the valley, and some in Henderson and near Henderson on the East side. Just look for the D.R.Horton one's. They are the same style with a few variations on the inside and some have balconies off of the master bedroom. You will not do any front yard maintenance, but you would have to keep up your small back yard, or if you are in the smallest floor plan, you won't have a yard, just a tiny balcony.

Thank you for your reply
I'm just not to fond on having to share walls. But I don't like front yard maintenance either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 09:27 PM
 
7,338 posts, read 3,191,960 times
Reputation: 2508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Thank you for your reply
I'm just not to fond on having to share walls. But I don't like front yard maintenance either.
There are patio homes that are what you are looking for. Townhouses by local definition are attached and have a shared wall...some however are very lightly attached. Some of the American Villages go both ways with attached and detached in the same complex.

It is actually easy to find them. Look for small SFRs gated with a pool. Virtually all are some version of a town house and most will do front yard maintenance.

Last edited by lvoc; 06-24-2012 at 10:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
377 posts, read 332,574 times
Reputation: 432
Many of the single family homes in Spanish Trail have their front yard and exterior building maintenance covered by the hoa. Spanish Trail is not in Henderson, but having lived in Green Valley and now ST, I can say that they are very different but equally satisfying communities for what my wife and I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,138 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Reputation: 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There are patio homes that are what you are looking for. Townhouses by local definition are attached and have a shared wall...some however are very lightly attached. Some of the American Villages go both ways with attached and detached in the same complex.

It is actually easy to find them. Look for small SFRs gated with a pool. Virtually all are some version of a town house and most will do front yard maintenance.
Thank you for your reply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,138 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Reputation: 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco6163 View Post
Many of the single family homes in Spanish Trail have their front yard and exterior building maintenance covered by the hoa. Spanish Trail is not in Henderson, but having lived in Green Valley and now ST, I can say that they are very different but equally satisfying communities for what my wife and I want.
Thank you for your reply too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
 
Location: AZ
2,138 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Reputation: 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
The only place I ever found free-standing Townhomes was in St.George, Utah. Except we had to do yard upkeep.
Your best bet would be in a townhome with less units per building, like where I live. 3 to a building. They have the same style all over the valley, and some in Henderson and near Henderson on the East side. Just look for the D.R.Horton one's. They are the same style with a few variations on the inside and some have balconies off of the master bedroom. You will not do any front yard maintenance, but you would have to keep up your small back yard, or if you are in the smallest floor plan, you won't have a yard, just a tiny balcony.

Do you live in these?
7143 Cabin Fever #101 - Las Vegas, NV -- Lease option townhome - YouTube


Those townhomes do look nice.
I think they should of put the water heaters in the garages though.
You mentioned that this same style of townhomes is located all over the valley- Do you know by chance if all of these particular D.R. Horton townhomes communities are located within good areas? Are there more owners living in them than renters? Or is it maybe 50/50?

Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top