U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 06:30 PM

2,274 posts, read 3,841,868 times

Advertisements

Is all of Centennial Hills safe? As well as Green Valley and Summerlin areas?
89149- is a Centennial Hills zip code, correct?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM

478 posts, read 520,226 times
I live in Centennial Hills. There is crime in any neighborhood, but it isn't a high crime area. Zip 89149 would be considered CH.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:58 PM

69 posts, read 74,528 times
I am also looking to move the Las Vegas area soon and very interested in Centennial Hills area. As other poster said, EVERY area has crime, but the schools score great!! A tool I have been using when I look at a home I am interested in is CrimeView Community Incident Map : Las Vegas Metro Police Department It is the crime reports for the area, you can look UP TO 60 days back for an area, or specific address. It has been VERY helpful for me. My daughter loves Libraries and we all love the idea of shopping and parks being nearby, so that area has been a big "must check out" for me. I hope this site helps you some!! Good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
Is all of Centennial Hills safe? As well as Green Valley and Summerlin areas?
89149- is a Centennial Hills zip code, correct?

Thank you.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:03 PM

478 posts, read 520,226 times
Quite a few homes for sale in Centennial Hills. One of the good things is that it is a relatively new neighborhood, so there aren't any very old homes around. Shopping is convenient, and we have a library and a YMCA in the neighborhood.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
I live in Centennial Hills. There is crime in any neighborhood, but it isn't a high crime area. Zip 89149 would be considered CH.
Thank you for your response
You are right- unfortunately crime can be found anywhere.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC143 View Post
I am also looking to move the Las Vegas area soon and very interested in Centennial Hills area. As other poster said, EVERY area has crime, but the schools score great!! A tool I have been using when I look at a home I am interested in is CrimeView Community Incident Map : Las Vegas Metro Police Department It is the crime reports for the area, you can look UP TO 60 days back for an area, or specific address. It has been VERY helpful for me. My daughter loves Libraries and we all love the idea of shopping and parks being nearby, so that area has been a big "must check out" for me. I hope this site helps you some!! Good luck!!
Aww, Thank you so much and Thank you for the link
Good luck to you.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:36 PM

Location: OC, Big Bear Lake, Las Vegas NV, Laughlin NV, Palm Desert CA
90 posts, read 125,629 times
Centennial Hills I think is pretty nice. Newer construction, newer streets and new shopping centers. We like it and the crime didn't seem like a problem here. In most big cities there is really good areas and really bad areas, but in Vegas there doesn't seem to have that distinction in areas and I think that is why so many people post so many questions about different neighborhoods. I found that to be the hardest part about buying in Las Vegas was finding the really good neighborhoods. I'm really not sure they exist here. I think it is just different levels of crime and poverty and how much are you willing to spend to experience less of it.

Last edited by Oldwestgambler; 06-26-2012 at 10:45 PM..

Old 06-27-2012, 09:08 AM

7 posts, read 11,195 times
As others have said, there's crime everywhere, but I'll say that CH is the safest I've felt in Vegas

Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM

7,348 posts, read 5,772,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldwestgambler View Post
Centennial Hills I think is pretty nice. Newer construction, newer streets and new shopping centers. We like it and the crime didn't seem like a problem here. In most big cities there is really good areas and really bad areas, but in Vegas there doesn't seem to have that distinction in areas and I think that is why so many people post so many questions about different neighborhoods. I found that to be the hardest part about buying in Las Vegas was finding the really good neighborhoods. I'm really not sure they exist here. I think it is just different levels of crime and poverty and how much are you willing to spend to experience less of it.
How is that hard? There's The Ridges in Summerlin, MacDonald Highlands in Henderson, Tomiyasu Lane in Las Vegas.

See? Easy. Three really good neighborhoods. Finding the really good neighborhoods is easy. Finding the funds to buy a house there is the hard part.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:50 PM

Location: OC, Big Bear Lake, Las Vegas NV, Laughlin NV, Palm Desert CA
90 posts, read 125,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
How is that hard? There's The Ridges in Summerlin, MacDonald Highlands in Henderson, Tomiyasu Lane in Las Vegas.

See? Easy. Three really good neighborhoods. Finding the really good neighborhoods is easy. Finding the funds to buy a house there is the hard part.
You're naming small, gated communities and a single street. That's like 0.01% of Las Vegas. I'm taking about large areas that the average to upper end buyers can afford that is considered really nice, very low crime and no poverty. You're right about finding the funds to buy the nice homes. Not easy these days.

Last edited by Oldwestgambler; 06-27-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas