Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:26 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Agree on Grimaldi's. Not bad, per se, but not amazing. For amazing, you have to go to Settebello's on Green Valley Ranch by Whole Foods.
Settebello's is the shiznit.

Settebello Pizzeria Napoletana: ...cosi mangia a napoli

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 AM

7 posts, read 39,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Has anyone ordered from Streets of New York? Thinking about giving them a shot next time.
The only thing we get from there anymore is the margherita pizza, which is delicious. Call ahead and get it to go, though -- the service is slow and unfriendly.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
has anyone try Russo's pizza?
I liked it. The guy there had a heavy Italian accent. It was pretty similar to pizza I had in New York, but I only visited so you would need somebody from there to tell you if it's authentic.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:21 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
pizza was super soggy and soft.. terrible.. and WAY overpriced.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:15 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Perhaps you should stick with Pizza Hut then. Settebello's pies are made fresh with fresh ingredients and comes about as close as you can to real Italian pizza (without actually going to Italy).

It is pricey but the quality is there. 100% authentic.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:22 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
No way it was soggy unless you ordered it to go and waited to eat it. The pizza at Settebello must be eaten straight from the oven and it's so hot and crisp from the 900 degree oven, there's no way it it can be soggy. They only cook for 90 seconds. (I talked to the chef) The crust is crisp, yet chewy every single time I've been there. As far as price, $12 for a decent pizza is not extravagant. Maybe the $5 Little Casears deal is more to your liking?

Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
Next up: Settebello!
Settebello was founded by former USC quarterback Brad Otton.

Fight on!

Brad Otton: Former USC quarterback Brad Otton scores with pizzeria chain - Los Angeles Times

Old 10-10-2012, 11:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
No way it was soggy unless you ordered it to go and waited to eat it. The pizza at Settebello must be eaten straight from the oven and it's so hot and crisp from the 900 degree oven, there's no way it it can be soggy. They only cook for 90 seconds. (I talked to the chef) The crust is crisp, yet chewy every single time I've been there. As far as price, $12 for a decent pizza is not extravagant. Maybe the $5 Little Casears deal is more to your liking?
Sorry???

He ate the pizza and it was soggy but it could not have been because you don't allow it?

I have eaten 40 or 50 pizzas from Mark Taylors. We had one delivered that was cold and they gave us a freeby. GolfinNV says he got a pizza there that was over salted. I have no reason to disbelieve him. And will ask the next time there if they are having some problems and will certainly monitor salt level.

But no I don't think GNVA was lying.

So why would you guys doubt Airics?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:36 PM

629 posts, read 1,175,280 times
I'm here to chime in with the Vegan Pizza options in Las Vegas (all use Daiya vegan cheese unless otherwise noted):

Red Velvet Cafe (3 Locations)
Pizza Place at the Wynn (Teese)
Slice of Vegas at Mandalay Bay
Sammy's Woodfired Pizza (Many locations - only Gluten-Free crust is vegan)
Pizza Fusion (Henderson)
Greens & Proteins (Southeast)
Whole Foods Market Deli (Various Locations)
Pop-up Pizza (Downtown)
Radio City Pizzeria (Tivoli Village)
I might have missed a few...

Also, Dom DeMarco's on the West Side has the "Bella Napoli" which, like the very first Naples pizzas in the 1800s, has no cheese at all but is incredible. Dom's had the top rated Zagat pizza in New York for 8 years running before opening in Las Vegas.

How times are changing! None of this was available 3 years ago in Vegas.

Last edited by topaz420; 10-11-2012 at 12:32 AM..

Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 AM

670 posts, read 1,104,514 times
If you are in The Lakes area try "Those Guys Pies" in the small complex next to The Lakes Estates on Lake North. The best Pizza I've ever had hands down. They just opened about a month ago. The new owners completely renovated the space (it was a terrible pizza place before). Word is getting around this area. The owners seem nice as well. We had some pretty good NY Pizza in Vermont by New Yorkers who moved up out of the city but nothing like the pizza at Those Guys Pies. It's pricey but 100% fresh ingredients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas