Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 09:30 PM

243 posts, read 628,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
It's a buyers market. I haven't tried to purchase recently but I'm sure you can get some good deals out there if you work with the right realtor. Try and find someone whose been doing it before the housing boom. We're upside down a bunch but our neighbor bought two doors down for under $100,000. Sucks to be us. We owe $230 and it's going for $120, maybe??

If you go to the Clark County Assessor website, you can see how much a house was purchased for and it's ownership history. All public information.
You are right, it is a buyers market, but the current situation in the Vegas valley is that it is actually an investors market. Investors are snatching up homes right and left with cash before conventional or FHA buyers even get a chance. It is not uncommon for homes to have multiple offers within days of listing. So in a way, it is a buyers market, but only for the right kind of buyers. I wish we had 100K cash to throw down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:30 PM

Just as a follow up to anyone searching the 89081 zip code. We decided to purchase in this area. Commute to unlv is 20-25 mins, commute to work on 215 and St. Rose in green valley about 35 minutes depending on traffic. Area is quiet and people seem nice (we haven't moved yet, so we aren't fully qualified to rate the area yet, but we have spent a lot of time in the area). No safety concerns more than any other "safe" neighborhood in LV or NLV. You at going to get the most bang for your buck in this area as far as homes go. We are happy with our decision regardless of what others think about where we should have moved.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerscotty21 View Post
Just as a follow up to anyone searching the 89081 zip code. We decided to purchase in this area. Commute to unlv is 20-25 mins, commute to work on 215 and St. Rose in green valley about 35 minutes depending on traffic. Area is quiet and people seem nice (we haven't moved yet, so we aren't fully qualified to rate the area yet, but we have spent a lot of time in the area). No safety concerns more than any other "safe" neighborhood in LV or NLV. You at going to get the most bang for your buck in this area as far as homes go. We are happy with our decision regardless of what others think about where we should have moved.
May the lucky ladybug of life grace your doorstep each and every day...

Old 09-10-2012, 10:08 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
This is my zip code also. A very average neighborhood. A little mix of everything as far as the type if people and what they do for a living. I coach a youth soccer team that is zoned by zip codes (89081)at registration.

Every year I get a good snap shot of the parents and what they do for a living. We had 12 kids last year. Some of the careers were....
Corrections officer
Nurse
School Principal
State Assembly for district ##
Teacher
Bellagio lead engineer
3 home makers
3 unemployed

An average bunch of parents for that particular team. I meet the parents for our new team this coming weekend.

Sent from phone using app

Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 PM

I love soccer and wish I had more time to get involved in stuff like this. Good for you, getting out and being involved in the community. Once I finally finish school (after what seems like an eternity) I hope to have evenings to do things like this.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerscotty21 View Post
I love soccer and wish I had more time to get involved in stuff like this. Good for you, getting out and being involved in the community. Once I finally finish school (after what seems like an eternity) I hope to have evenings to do things like this.
Hence your name right?

I barely have the time myself. Good thing that the league that I am with is an all volunteer league. From the coaches, team moms and some refs. When ever I can't make practice there is always a parent ready to take over. Last year I was running late and the the assistant coach and the assistant assistant coach were not going to make it. No problem, one of the 5 month pregnant parents were running the kids like it was nothing. She was glad when I showed up though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas