U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 08:03 AM

4 posts, read 8,055 times
Default Best Residential Area (Best neighborhood to live) in Las Vegas

Hello all,
Me and my wife are thinking about relocating to Las Vegas NV within the next several months. We are young professional(s) and looking for a family oriented neighborhood. We are not very interested in night-life etc. We are looking for a community with a nice gym, park, and walkable streets etc, with young families or higher education level neighborhood.
Please do advise, as your advise would be a make or break in our decision towards moving to LV

Thanks much in advance
UB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 09:03 AM

4,303 posts, read 2,450,220 times
1. Stay away from the strip when looking for a home. Most of the valley is pretty safe, but that area is best avoided.
2. Look into the magnet schools for your kids.

Old 08-25-2012, 04:55 PM

5,790 posts, read 5,157,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ub13 View Post
Hello all,
Me and my wife are thinking about relocating to Las Vegas NV within the next several months. We are young professional(s) and looking for a family oriented neighborhood. We are not very interested in night-life etc. We are looking for a community with a nice gym, park, and walkable streets etc, with young families or higher education level neighborhood.
Please do advise, as your advise would be a make or break in our decision towards moving to LV

Thanks much in advance
UB
Did you know that there is a web site dedicated to "Vegas Young Professionals(VYP)"?

Vegas Young Professionals

On the "higher education level neighborhood" thing. That is usually associated with income. So what is your price range?

Last edited by von949; 08-25-2012 at 05:09 PM..

Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 PM

416 posts, read 418,498 times
My buddy lives in Henderson and loves it. I just visited him a few weeks ago, and it does look good. There are good neighborhoods there, like Green Valley, Seven Hills and Anthem to be specific. Depends on how much you can spend.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM

628 posts, read 480,470 times
^

And besides those already mentioned, to add to the weekly "where should I live in vegas" broken record:
- Centennial Hills
- Aliante
- Southern Highlands
- Providence

Old 08-26-2012, 06:45 AM

Hi NLVG, Brucer, Topaz and especially von 949. The website VYP was actually very welcome addition to the list of websites I can browse, and make contacts.
The price range is not the biggest deal breaker, but we don't want to go too high as we are potential first time home buyers, and would like to keep it under 3.5 just so that selling would not be a big ordeal, if it does not suit us.
On a related topic how long/bad is it a commute from Henderson to Downtown?

Thanks again to all of you

Old 08-26-2012, 06:54 AM

Maybe LVOC will come in here and answer, but Henderson is a long and sometimes ugly commute.

For a young professional like yourself, I would seriously look at the country club membership that Mad Man Of Bethesda recommended on an earlier thread. You'll have to use the search function.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Now that makes it more interesting, BTW what is CC membership?

Old 08-26-2012, 07:26 AM

It's a way to get some Vegas Juice and it sounded pretty affordable.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:37 AM

2,009 posts, read 1,718,807 times
the best... south highlands. get away from all the riff raff and still be close enough to get to all the riff raff in about 10 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas