Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:17 PM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,283 times

Advertisements

Search for missing golf course worker ends, to resume Thursday - News - ReviewJournal.com
Rescuers Wednesday afternoon were unable to find a missing golf course employee who was swept away during the downpour on Tuesday and will resume searching for him after sunrise Thursday, a Las Vegas police spokesman said.
"Ground search teams are winding down their operations," the spokesman, Officer Bill Cassell, said in 3 p.m. statement.
Las Vegas police said a groundskeeper at Desert Rose Golf Course in the eastern valley disappeared about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday while riding a tractor on the grounds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 11:26 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times
Suddenly, buying a houseboat doesn't look like such a stoopid idea, eh?

Old 09-13-2012, 02:50 AM

515 posts, read 1,179,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
It flooded because of all the mole people's stuff in the storm drains...

"In Las Vegas, it's estimated about 1,000 homeless people find shelter in the storm drains underneath the city for protection from extreme temperatures"
Some of those people probably died from drowning. Flash floods come so fast that it is hard to get out of the storm drains in time. Storm drains fill so quickly you can literally get hit with a wall of water before you even know it is raining.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times
The flooding gives new meaning to the term "underwater homeowner"

Old 09-13-2012, 11:13 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,535,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Suddenly, buying a houseboat doesn't look like such a stoopid idea, eh?

Oh yeah... someone beat you to it.

built to the specifications of the original ark.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:42 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
The intersection and neighborhoods near Sahara and Nellis got hit pretty hard. I know there are a few on CD (yellowsnow, binionrat, among others) that live near that area. Hopefully they can let us know their places are okay.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
Oh yeah... someone beat you to it.
built to the specifications of the original ark.

Governor Beshear, will there be dinosaurs on your Ark? - YouTube

Old 09-13-2012, 03:12 PM

611 posts, read 950,790 times
Hi Timothy...I was sitting here at work up in Canada daydreaming about our upcoming visit next month to our condo and I click on my bookmark "Las Vegas Review Journal" only to see the flood water pictures and videos and the paragraph starting with "Worst area is Nellis south of Sahara". We're south of Sahara and Nellis but down south on Nellis closer to Vegas Valley Rd. - but I was sure worried. I finally got a hold of our HOA President who told me that there was one drain at the back that was clogged but they cleared it out and just before the waters went over the curb they receded a bit and there was no property damage. WHEW I looked at my insurance policy I purchased next door through Allstate and it said, of course, "Does not cover flood damage" (only sewer backup etc.) so I phoned them just for future refrerence. Apparently, they think, HOA insurance would cover actual property damage but to check to make sure. For another $125 to $160 approx. I could add the flood damage to my personal insurance and that would cover my furniture etc. I forgot to ask about carpets but I am assuming that would be the same as furniture not covered by HOA...Does anybody know about that?

Old 09-13-2012, 03:28 PM

1,607 posts, read 2,013,162 times
Well I'm glad to hear that all is well binionrat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas