Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letters2009 View Post
Hi,

Before I moved, I have signed a Power of Attorney to an agent to represent me to sign papers for the house.

Now, If I want to offer $1K to any agent like JDRTX advised, could I have more agents at the same time? Thanks!
You are into lawyer country. PofA is very unusual here and most places. May be standard where the house is...I don't know.

So you are now too specialized for general advice. You have to go to someplace where they have specific knowledge of your area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2012, 02:06 PM

39 posts, read 55,632 times
[quote=lvoc;26117040]You are into lawyer country. PofA is very unusual here and most places. May be standard where the house is...I don't know.

Sorry LVOC,

If I decide to change to a different listing agent, do you think it is OK? Thanks!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
[quote=Letters2009;26117269]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You are into lawyer country. PofA is very unusual here and most places. May be standard where the house is...I don't know.

Sorry LVOC,

If I decide to change to a different listing agent, do you think it is OK? Thanks!
No way I can tell. It depends on how committed you actually are. Did you sign a listing agreement as well as a PofA? If so you are dependent on the good will of the listing broker to go anywhere else.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:21 PM

39 posts, read 55,632 times
Thanks so much for all of your time and your help!

Sincerely,

Letters2009

Old 09-16-2012, 02:36 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,367,597 times
It is really difficult giving solid advice not knowing the state in which your home is located, and the area it is in. At this point since you don't know the market, I would do what another advised. Have a listing agent work up some com parables for a quick sale. Sounds like it's too late to save the listing commission, and I only advise that in a strong seller's market. But since we do not know where your home is located and what the market is like there right now, if is difficult to advise.

There are many more pluses for not going Short Sale right now. Again, depending on your area, there are many people who don't want to go the Short Sale avenue. It can take six to nine months, and that is six to nine more months of owed mortgage payments(deficiency) for you. People who want a house NOW don't want the uncertainty of a Short sale, nor the length of time involved. There is in many areas a "shortage" or reasonably priced homes on the market that can be purchased and financed. If you accept a financed (conventional 20% down contract) on your house, you want to see a "current" per-qualified letter from a lending institution and also ask for proof of down payment to accompany contract. (a statement from their their bank showing the sufficient down payment in the bank)

Plus if you are in a halfway desirable neighborhood, then a Short Sale will bring mostly investors at a lower price and maybe 8 months or better to be able to close. It makes absolutely no sense for you to enter into a Short Sale unless there was no other choice, which there appears to be, since you are so close to being able to sell in a conventional route. You may even be able to snag a cash buyer, and knock a $1,000 off the sale price if they close in two weeks or three the most. That's how I just bought my house. It was a cash sale and promised to close in less than 3 weeks.

It does all boil down to what your house is currently worth. If it will fetch $8-9,000 more than is owed, then go for it. NOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas