Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:41 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,936,288 times

Advertisements

The thread is named "Five Guys" and up until post #57 (yours) every burger joint mentioned has been a burger joint. Not a Michelin-starred chef's temple of beef indulgence.

Nothing at all wrong with "temple of beef indulgence." But again, not in the same league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,073,873 times
Uh yeah anyone who would choose a fast food burger over Burger Bar need to give me some of what they're smoking.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,734,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
Uh yeah anyone who would choose a fast food burger over Burger Bar need to give me some of what they're smoking.
If one was willing to pay that sort of money why on earth would you eat a burger?

I am not doubting that one could construct a $50 burger...but why would you do it?

Are you suggesting that a burger can rise to equal a good filet?

Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
If one was willing to pay that sort of money why on earth would you eat a burger?

I am not doubting that one could construct a $50 burger...but why would you do it?

Are you suggesting that a burger can rise to equal a good filet?
Absolutely.

These great burgers are using Snake River A5 beef. That's as good as it gets in this country. The intramuscular fat is such that it looks like this when it comes in to the restaurant:

The cooks will then hand chop three or four cuts of beef from this grade, often adding bacon or veal into the mix, and form a patty and sear it fast over an extremely hot grill or under a high-BTU salamander.

Then they'll top it with foie gras, serve it on a home-baked bun, and offer a myriad of from-scratch sauces, like béarnaise.

Yeah. It's worth $60. The steak from this cut sells for at least double that.

This, incidentally, is what you want your shabu to look like.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 PM

Uhh yes that looks like very nice shabu shabu beef. Why on earth would one chop it up and mix it with other stuff in a patty. Blasphemous You drag it through the soup for fifteen seconds and then eat it.

The Philistines are every where. You could chop it up and put stuff on top...but why would you.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Uhh yes that looks like very nice shabu shabu beef. Why on earth would one chop it up and mix it with other stuff in a patty. Blasphemous You drag it through the soup for fifteen seconds and then eat it.

The Philistines are every where. You could chop it up and put stuff on top...but why would you.
I think it's blasphemous to cook it at all. Tartare or carpacchio for me, thanks.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I think it's blasphemous to cook it at all. Tartare or carpacchio for me, thanks.
Ahh...now you have a good argument Beef like that is to be savored. Not diluted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas