Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,355,457 times

Advertisements

I'm really glad sometimes that my wife isn't interested in any internet forums because if she saw this I'd be in trouble for not mentioning that I'm married to a former TV anchorwoman. She was on TV in Laredo, Reno, and Las Vegas.

Carol KORK-TV anchor-reporter.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Famous People You've Met In Las Vegas?-carol-kork-tv-anchor-reporter.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 02:19 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Double post.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Doesn't matter who you are, there is a maximum weekly benefit and it depends on how much you made during the base period as to whether you get the max. I've seen stars get the max and I've seen them get less than it cost in gas to get to the office. Good thing people can file by phone or on-line now. Not sure what the new max. weekly benefit is now. It's over $300; I think close to $400, but I'd have to check that out. Last time I filed for UI many years ago it was less than $100 a week.
I'm pretty sure it's $400 a week now.

As far as Siegfried and Roy go, I had a friend with a place near one of theirs who woke up one morning to find one of their tigers frolicking in her pool.

How do you handle that? Ring.. Hello?.. Hi Siggy, this is ***, one of your cats is in my pool again and I don't need the cat hair in the filter.

@ Buzz, your wife is beautiful (even with the hairstyle we all wore back in the day)

Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM

Here I am with an old friend. That's me behind the camera, and ole whatshisname seated.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1350159635

Old 10-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I'm pretty sure it's $400 a week now.

As far as Siegfried and Roy go, I had a friend with a place near one of theirs who woke up one morning to find one of their tigers frolicking in her pool.

How do you handle that? Ring.. Hello?.. Hi Siggy, this is ***, one of your cats is in my pool again and I don't need the cat hair in the filter.

@ Buzz, your wife is beautiful (even with the hairstyle we all wore back in the day)
I'd probably count my dogs if that happened to me, then I run and hide.

Rob McCoy said other people woke up to chickens crowing; he woke up to lions roaring. His Dad was the pro or manager at the golf course across the street so they were his neighbors too.

Re: Carol, thanks NLVgal, and she's still beautiful.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:20 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Here I am with an old friend. That's me behind the camera, and ole whatshisname seated.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1350159635
Links not working. The first pic of your wife is classic. So old school: rotary phone, smoking a cig...

Old 10-13-2012, 04:24 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,939,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That sounds fun! Clooney has made my heart throb since his ER days.

I wish I had met Charlie Sheen when he was hanging around Vegas. I like my crazies.

I bumped into the lead singer from Quiet Riot once and I've had dinner with Sugar Ray Leonard (but that wasn't in Vegas) As far as small-time celebs go, I taught Alicia Jacobs how to use a copy machine, and have served Jerry Tarkanian breakfast (long time ago). I also met an actor from "The Accused". I've met several mob figures.

My house isn't too far away from one of Siegfried and Roy's houses, and I got stuck in a left hand turn lane behind Siegfried about a year ago. He drives really slow. (And I'm a slow driver)
Was that from his first ER show or the second one????

The first was years before the second one....

Old 10-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Was that from his first ER show or the second one????

The first was years before the second one....
ER, in the nineties when he played that gorgeous pediatric ER doctor. When I was an EMT back in those days, we'd look at our watches and say "Can we move this meeting along? ER is coming on soon."

That show lost steam over the years, but it sure came out of the gate strong for several seasons.

Back to topic, I've met Wayne Newton, and he is a very charming man. I also know someone who told Jack Nicholson off at an event here. Apparently, he is not a very nice man. (We are all shocked, right?)

Old 10-13-2012, 05:06 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Met/talked to:

Cecelia Suarez
Lavell Crawford
Coolio
All of this years SI models
Joe Jackson
Jon Taffer -of Bar Rescue

Brief encounter:

Shaq
Charles from TMZ
Corey Feldman
Bruno Mars
Mario Lopez
Ice T & Coco
Jay Cutler
Toby Keith

...Probably a bunch of others too...I tend to not know who they are until someone tells me later.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,376,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Phyllis Davis, from the old 'Vegas' series starring Robert Urich.
Just beautiful, I wonder if anyone remembers her?
I definitely remember her. Very top heavy as I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: