U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 03:28 PM

198 posts, read 208,882 times
Default Is Naked City in Las Vegas really that dangerous

I've heard people say Taxi's won't go there after dark; Bicycle Cops won't go after dark. And that a squad car goes with 3 other cop cars after dark? Also, what's the predominante ethnic group in this area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 04:04 PM

1,905 posts, read 1,508,394 times
what's naked city?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 PM

1,058 posts, read 711,649 times
Yeah me too...What is Naked City???

Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM

15,387 posts, read 21,470,413 times
It truly is .....they burn their trash in barrels in the street ......sometimes they come steal YOUR trash to burn in the street.....druggies are laying in the allys dying and their corpses rotting their cause the cops are afraid to come investigate. Gunfire all day long and all night long .....

OH wait.....was i watching a TV movie?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Yeah me too...What is Naked City???
Naked city is a term given to the area of lowrent apartments just west of Stupids tower between Main/Las Vegas blvd So and Industiral road and from About Wyoming south to Sahara.....

That [the op's] ranks as one of the dumber questions I have ever heard .....

and the reason that youse guys never heard of it is because it hasnt been used in YEARS.....

Old 11-17-2012, 04:16 PM

1,361 posts, read 1,090,540 times
That place is pretty hairy. I usually don't agree with most on what a bad neighborhood is.

I'd walk thru it because I'm a tough guy and all, but I walk fast with my head down. You don't want to go in there looking like you have money or anything.

Though it's not automatic death to walk in there. Mixed demographics, Mostly Hispanic nowadays I think.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM

5,634 posts, read 4,691,348 times
"Naked City"(The area behind the Stratosphere) is the most dangerous place in America if you walk through the neighborhood with a suitcase full of hundred dollar bills, 100K worth of jewelry on your wrist and neck, a full breed teacup Yorky in your arms and an endangered animal's fur draped around your shoulders.........Same can be said for any low income area of(insert city).

I am sure the reputation of that area will change dramatically since everything is for sale(real estate).

Naked City, March 18, 2008 - YouTube

Supreme million/ Naked City Documentary/ neighborhood video shoot'' live in Las Vegas - YouTube

Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM

I agree it is NOT a nice neighborhood.....im like Von....it wouldnt bother me cause im 6 friggin ft 6 but it wimps out in comparrison to places like Camden NJ and Chicago .....

Old 11-17-2012, 04:48 PM

1,361 posts, read 1,090,540 times
I can show you some worse hoods here in vegas. Try Bonanza and MLK for one. I should go make some crazy vids like that.

Naked city has got nothing on Bluebird :P

Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM

5,634 posts, read 4,691,348 times
Some articles about the area...

Naked City gets face-lift - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
Growth even touched the edges of the area near Las Vegas Boulevard and Sahara Avenue known as Naked City. The Stratosphere opened in 1996, and the pricey Allure condominium building was completed in 2007.
But progress has been slow in the neighborhood of beat-up apartment buildings and 1930s-era houses, and it has remained a low-rent haven for crime, drugs and prostitution in the shadow of the Stratosphere tower, one of Las Vegas' signature buildings.

Naked City Las Vegas (quick history of how the area got it's name)

Quote:
Historically, the neighborhood behind the Stratosphere was largely populated with showgirls (and other assorted resort employees). Low-cost apartments and close proximity to The Strip made this the perfect location. It is said that these showgirls used to sunbathe in the pool courtyards, au natural (for that even tan), and thus, the neighborhood received the moniker “Naked City”

reviewjournal.com -- News - Naked City: Nowhere to Go

Quote:
The small memorial sits on the corner of Tam Drive and Cleveland Avenue -- a bouquet of wilted red roses, a stuffed SpongeBob Squarepants doll, candy, CDs, NASCAR memorabilia and a half-filled bottle of Heineken.
It marks the spot where 24-year-old Raphael Alfred was shot and killed Aug. 25 over a botched drug deal, according to Las Vegas police.
Friends who knew Alfred as "Scoop" or "Baby Ray" acknowledged he sold cocaine in the neighborhood. In an area notorious for drug dealing, that just made him part of the way of life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas