U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 AM

306 posts, read 357,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyzs View Post
Good luck! So exciting! Hopefully next fall I will be posting the same thing!
I look forward to telling you then about my experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
here in the SW, [kingman style] we almost needed th AC today he he he
I love it!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieW View Post
Welcome! You're gonna love it here
Thanks, Mollie! I think so, too!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannaranch View Post
I will be moving there in June. I also can't wait. Have enjoyed staying in my condo when down there on vacations the past year!
That's awesome that you will have a place already!

Old 11-24-2012, 09:44 PM

206 posts, read 299,172 times
I can't wait to hear every detail!

Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyzs View Post
I can't wait to hear every detail!
LOL. I will be sure to have some.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:45 AM

1,062 posts, read 1,456,666 times
Just did this last month. Got here October 11 drove cross country 6 days. I could not wait to see my first palm tree in LV long trip. As far as driving like any other major city once you get to know the streets it will be better. You get to make U-Turns out here all over the place so you can get back to where you are going hen you get lost or miss the turn you were suppose to make. Weather has been great and it is cold and starting to snow back east so that is behind you. Just don't try to do everything at once pace your self and take LV one bit at a time you now live here so their is no rush. Smile and say hello to everyone some are not responsive but many people are and you will be surprised how friendly they are and how many also came from somewhere else to settle here. Good luck and enjoy the ever changing Las Vegas.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:28 PM

102 posts, read 239,665 times
Good luck on your move. I know you will love it. We are recent "snowbirds.". Arrived 2 weeks ago to our newly purchased condo. Hope to stay until April..and already have had the discussions about making it a year round move.
We are very happy with everything so far.
I look forward to reading about your move.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM

8,710 posts, read 10,165,954 times
Came from Metro Detroit, MI and love it here. #1 is the weather! LOVE IT! (it is rather strange adjusting to the Christmas season...but that is to be expected and just fine!)

We went to the LV Speedway Glittering lights the other night and I thought it was wonderful! The sponsors did a great job (except McDonalds, they were WEAK) and I look forward to going to some of the other Christmas displays over the next couple weeks.

Also, we just went to the Wetlands, what a nice surprise that park was! Saw a lot of wildlife and just such a beautiful day to be out walking! Then we had lunch in Boulder City, outside in the end of Nov!, it was an awesome day!

Enjoy and welcome!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM

611 posts, read 739,196 times
Glad to share your happiness! We completed our deal for our condo last March and it certainly is so exciting! Sure fun to meet other recent transplanted people like Irishspy too! What I'd like to comment about is how posters say things like "Hope you have a job to come to" or "You'll never find a job here"...LOL Why is it always assumed we have to work..With all the babyboomers and snowbirds mvong to Vegas I think people should assume WE DONT NEED TO WORK...We're spending our pensions in Vegas baby....:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or