U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 09:15 AM

13,482 posts, read 9,615,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
That's been my everyday view for the past 2 years. To really capture that view in a photo, I will need a serious camera. No cell phone camera will do that view justice. Not even a half a$$ $200 camera will do.

Those camera men with the big a$$ canons waiting for Red Flag always offer anyone with access to the base favors and moola. There is a price for that view.

Sent from cell...
For all the nice photographs you take for us, we should all chip in and get you a camera.

A friend of mine went to a party at one of the highrises here in town and the photo she took of the strip was breathtaking. My mentor spent about three grand on a nice camera that he takes out to Red Rock. His photographs are amazing. We had some of them framed and hung them in a conference room where I used to work.

From the mountains to the strip, Vegas does have some amazing views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 09:38 AM

5,737 posts, read 12,044,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
For all the nice photographs you take for us, we should all chip in and get you a camera.

A friend of mine went to a party at one of the highrises here in town and the photo she took of the strip was breathtaking. My mentor spent about three grand on a nice camera that he takes out to Red Rock. His photographs are amazing. We had some of them framed and hung them in a conference room where I used to work.

From the mountains to the strip, Vegas does have some spectacular views.
^^^
This!

One of the main reasons I miss Las Vegas

Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,863,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

From the mountains to the strip, Vegas does have some spectacular views.
Thanks, I actually have the camera that I want picked out already. I am just trying to get it for the right price and save a couple hundred bucks. I am all over Craigslist, Ebay, Amazon...inside Best Buy, Frys, Pawn shops. I have been reaserching DSLR cameras all year long.

It will also serve the purpose of taking HD action sports shots for my soccer players.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:16 AM

12,685 posts, read 9,451,486 times
Here's the view from my backyard in Sevin Hills:

Old 12-02-2012, 11:35 AM

13,482 posts, read 9,615,257 times
^^ Nice!

Old 12-02-2012, 02:36 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,305,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Here's the view from my backyard in Sevin Hills:
With a telephoto lens.......

Old 12-02-2012, 09:01 PM

16,491 posts, read 20,032,558 times
But, up near Bonanza/Los Feliz, you feel like you're up higher over the city, looking down, than the 7 Hills view, but I'm sure there's higher up spots over in Henderson where you're more on top of the city! I know, from the highway down from Railroad Pass, you can get that exhiliarating feeling of being so on top of the city! Quite a rush!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
But, up near Bonanza/Los Feliz, you feel like you're up higher over the city, looking down, than the 7 Hills view, but I'm sure there's higher up spots over in Henderson where you're more on top of the city! I know, from the highway down from Railroad Pass, you can get that exhiliarating feeling of being so on top of the city! Quite a rush!
Well from the Owens/Los Feliz point I used to visit, you're right

Still, I think the highest view spot you can find is 215/Lake Mead or 215/Summerlin

Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 PM

16,491 posts, read 20,032,558 times
Every Sunday morning after work at 6am, I usually take my car for a long drive, and I've taken that Beltway drive to the West, a few times, when it was still dark, and I was never really awed by the views over there. Now, I see they're building up into the mountains over there, and if I were to drive west, into the residential areas, at the highest points, then I might get a more exciting view! But aren't those areas all gated, hard to reach?

My favorite early morning drive is up to Railroad Pass and back!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Every Sunday morning after work at 6am, I usually take my car for a long drive, and I've taken that Beltway drive to the West, a few times, when it was still dark, and I was never really awed by the views over there. Now, I see they're building up into the mountains over there, and if I were to drive west, into the residential areas, at the highest points, then I might get a more exciting view! But aren't those areas all gated, hard to reach?

My favorite early morning drive is up to Railroad Pass and back!
I don't know if this is legal or not, though I did it a lot and never got a ticket or even a warning. I was able to park my car at the 215/Summerlin intersection. If you are coming from the SW, take the exit for Summerlin Pkwy WEST (it will merge with the on ramp from Far Hills Ave) and then at the light turn left and drive until Summerlin Pkwy cuts off (500 feet if that) and uturn and park. Voila, a view of the entire Valley!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas