U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:53 AM

9,957 posts, read 8,450,177 times
Finding a place with a view like that from the ground floor or back yard will be more difficult and expensive. It can be done, but those lots tend to go for higher end houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
It has a pretty nice view from the deck. The wall however will block any view from inside on the first floor. That is also the view Davie likes..the place faces 215 just south of Summerlin Pkwy.

There are a number of homes with this sort of view along 215 in Henderson. Up high enough to see over the freeway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:57 AM

Doesn't Valley View (Blvd) run north/south on the near west side? Is there another Valley View I don't know about on the east side (or running east/west)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Drive to the top of Valley View -- all the way east, past the technical high school. Keep going. The road narrows. Keep going. It starts to look like a moonscape. Keep going. There's a Doppler radar station to your left. Turn around. Enjoy the view.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:07 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times
Valley View DOES run north n south....the one running East n West is Vegas Valley Dr.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Ah. That makes much more sense.

On the satellite view, it looks like there's a lot of construction at the tippy top of Vegas Valley. It's probably done by now What is that, more housing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Valley View DOES run north n south....the one running East n West is Vegas Valley Dr.

Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 PM

10,869 posts, read 13,647,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
You're right. I have made this mistake several times -- Valley View doesn't have a view and is in the middle of the valley. Vegas Valley is on the side of a mountain (not in the valley), and has a great view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Ah. That makes much more sense.

On the satellite view, it looks like there's a lot of construction at the tippy top of Vegas Valley. It's probably done by now What is that, more housing?
Nope, fixing the landfill.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:27 PM

Really? I thought the dump was out on the 15 in/near Apex.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM

5,737 posts, read 12,039,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Really? I thought the dump was out on the 15 in/near Apex.
This is why homes have not been built in the far NE so much. Who the hell wants to live near the city dump? Apex can have all the views it wants homes wont get built there as long as the landfill is there

And does anybody else find it kinda funny that Valley View runs through the west central part of the city yet it has now view at all?, while Vegas Valley runs from Maryland Pkwy all the way to Sunrise Mountain?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:42 PM

13,482 posts, read 9,606,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
You're right. I have made this mistake several times -- Valley View doesn't have a view and is in the middle of the valley. Vegas Valley is on the side of a mountain (not in the valley), and has a great view.

Nope, fixing the landfill.

How does one fix a landfill? Hell, how do you break one in the first place?

Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times
The OLD Landfill was on the end of the mountain [end of Vegas Valley] then they moved it to Arden cause they couldnt handle the trash.

don't feel bad Scoopie,,,,thos of us that have liced here as long as I have STILL have to run it thru our heads which is which.

Last edited by dynimagelv; 12-06-2012 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: to change Valley view to Vegas Valley.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:20 PM

16,480 posts, read 20,016,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I never got a chance to drive out to Apex, but the views from the I-15/215 interchange in far NE Las Vegas are pretty cool as well

TIJ, if you visit my view spot mentioned in an earlier post, instead of following 215 up there,you should just follow the 95 to Summerlin Parkway and take it all the way to where it cuts off instead, it would be much easier that way than taking the 215
I followed your directions this a.m., went past 215 a ways, and yes, there's a nice view from there, with an added bonus of seeing the White Mountains of AZ rising up over the mountains in Henderson. They should build a little park there, as a viewpoint. If they develop that land west of 215 those people will have some killer views!

But, on the other hand, I didn't get that "on top of the city" feeling I got over near Sunrise. I'm sure there's some higher points to the west you can go, and I'll explore that later on another trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas